Sprinkles

(anything in italics is their wolf)

Damon pov

Stalking down the for once quiet hallway that would lead me to dad's office, which lay at the end. The only sound that seemed to fill the house was the odd floorboard that creaked under my large weight, that and the sound of my own heart beating furiously in my chest.

Passing by the kitchen which was the last door before you reached the office, I snuck a quick look through the glass panels that made up the door, a group of ten lower ranks were moving around, trying to make lunch without making any sound.

Dad had really shaken everyone up by the looks of it, I'd never seen the house so quiet, I'm guessing it was the whole Tommy incident that did it, he really wasn't a mean Alpha like some, he never wanted his pack to be frightened of him, he'd drilled that into me and Archer from when we were young, that any member should be able to come to him to talk about anything, big or small.

Because of that I could only imagen how he would be feeling now about the Tommy thing, he would be beating himself up but until he was completely cooled of, I'm guessing once he'd finished screaming at me, he'd go talk to the omega.

The large oak door stood in front of me, it's pure size suddenly dooming, I felt like a little kid again after being sent to dad's office after getting in trouble. When I was real young, I used to be pissing myself as I stood here debating whether to knock or not but dad always sensed me before I had the chance.

"Get the fuck in here Damon" his voice bellowed, filling the entire house, yup just like old times.

I slipped into the room, dad sat behind his large desk as usual but it was usually filled with a computer along with papers and nick-nacks, it now stood bare. As everything had been swiped to the floor, the sight making me gulp as I stared at the smashed computer screen.

"Are you really so incapable that you can't follow simple rules" dad's eyes flashed between his own and his wolfs "I demoted you to a middle rank thinking it would learn you some much needed discipline but you can't even stay in the house like your told! So, come on what's the excuse this time?" he crossed his arms waiting for me to come up with some bogus excuse but at least this time I had a real reason for disobeying him.

Dropping my hands in favour of tucking them deep inside my jean pockets I started to explain "I was helping this guy I met clean up after the party he's my-"

"So you disobeyed me for a quick fuck!" he interrupted "God why can't you just grow up"

"He's not a quick fuck he's-"

"Save it! Your mom would be turning in her grave at the utter disappointment you have turned out to be" my heart skipped a few beats at the mention of my mom, while I saw pain filter through dad's eyes at having to mention her in such a way "I'm re-thinking about who to hand the Alpha title over to"

"You can't do that, it's my birth right" my voice raised at the mere thought, I saw the smallest bit of amusement in his eyes at the sight of me finally reacting to something he said.

"Yes, I can and no it's not you right! I choose who takes over, not you and are you forgetting you're not my only son"

"Archer! Really? You're going to let a Middle rank take the Alpha title, the pack would be in chaos in days, no one would take him seriously, they already don't!" I couldn't help the small laugh at the thought of my brother trying to be in charge of anything let alone hundreds of people.

"He's not a fucking middle rank! He's more of an alpha than you'll ever be. Now get out my sight, your now demoted to a middle rank till I say otherwise and expect to stay like that for a very long time" with that he stood up and walked to the large bay window that looked out into the backyard and woods beyond.

After staring at his back for a while longer I finally turned around, I knew I wouldn't get anything else from him today, except more arguments and punishments.

"Oh yeah Damon, your brothers on a date right now, who knows maybe he'll be more ready to take over the position sooner than I thought" was all he said as I slammed the door behind me, he knew just what to say to get under my skin.

...

Archer pov

Moving my sweaty hands out of sight to my lap, so they were safely hidden by the flowing white table cloth that came to the floor, God why was I so nervous!

I looked around at the small cafe, it sat near the end of the high street, with emerald green banners flapping in the breeze, The Grind stood out in white bold letters.

A que had started to form near the till but most wouldn't be sitting in, a lot were workers in suits who would be rushing back to the office, which would just leave me, my should be date and the old man sitting in the corner reading a paper close to his face, he looked a lot like the old man from Up which made me smile.

Least I wouldn't have an audience if I got stood up, which by this point is a 99.9 percent possibility. Knocking back my second espresso, like that was going to help at all with my nerves and pulling out my phone.

No new messages

He hadn't even messaged to say he'd be late, which was now 46 minutes to be exact. Why was I sat around waiting on some random guy that had so obviously stood me up, and that would be because he's a really cute random guy, that has stood me up.

I watched my phone count down the minutes till it had officially been an hour before heaving myself up and going to the counter, I picked out an white iced donut with sprinkles for myself and a chocolate iced one for Damon, I guess he'll be needing it after dad is done with him. Happy with my purchases I heading for the door, ruling this one out as a big fat fail.

I didn't even get a foot away from the doorway before a small body was crashing into my own, grabbing a hold of their upper arm before they toppled over from the force. That's when their scent hit me and oh God was it amazing, so sweet!

"Mate!" my wolf growled. 

///

My baby Archer's finally going to meet his mate 😍

Please vote and comment so I know what you think x