Bambi's

Three days later

Archer's pov

Slumping back into uncomfortable wooden chair at the kitchen table was not how I thought I'd spend my night, not that I had plans but still I wanted to relax, stick on some Stranger Things on Netflix and chill, maybe devour some much needed chocolate, not be stuck listening to my dad and higher ups of the pack complain about our current situation.

Three days ago Damon and Tommy, one of the packs Omegas ran off, dad thinks they ran off together for some reason but come on Damon's not exactly the run off into the sunset to get hitched type of guy and Tommy's definitely not his mate, both would of realised that by now,  so none of it was making much sense to me.

"I'm going to have a search group head out tomorrow, check out the town again and maybe head out to the local packs" dad let out a tired huff as he drops into his seat at the head of the table, running a hand through his tousled hair which seems to have greyed even more over the last few days from stress "see if anyone's seen either of them" a look of guilt crossing his face.

Even though he would never admit it to me, he knows Damon will take over as Alpha, once he steps down which means he's currently without his next Alpha and as must as Damon stresses dad out he loves him, he loved us two more than anything else.

"Do you really think that's necessary" Joe pipes up from next to me "we're talking about Damon here, he's probably met someone and gone on a bender for a few days, I bet the pup will come stumbling through the front door hungover to fuck any day now" he shrugs saying what everyone's thinking since the group of six all nod their heads.

"We have to make sure! He's never done anything like this before, the only reassurance I have so far is no ransoms have been delivered, so at least we know he hasn't been taken" the tension was radiating of dad, I could see it from where I sat at the opposite end of the table "so I'll make teams up tonight and let everyone know tomorrow morning, okay?" his tone holds threat to anyone that disagrees with him.

"Yes Alpha" everyone says together, even though I knew they all disagreed with his decision, even me. It was just a waste of peoples time looking for him when he probably was just caught up with someone.

"Right your free to go" chairs start scrapping across the tiled floor "Archer stay behind for a minute" dads voice raised over the chatter just as I was going to walk to freedom, he now stood leaning on the counter, waiting for the kettle to boil, so I dropped back down in the seat I'd just occupied. "Are you sure he didn't say anything to you the day he left" now that I properly look at him I can see the heavy blue bags under his eyes and the worry lines etching his faces, this is really taking its toll on him.

"I was out remember and it's not like he tells me anything anyway" I shrug. Me and Damon had never been close and over the years that brotherly bond never formed, which dad thought it would, I guess when it came down to it we are both just too different.

"I'm really worried about him Arch, he's never been gone this long before, what if he's hurt" Slumping against the counter, I watched the stream from his cup dissolve into the air, dad always liked drinking his drinks at boiling temperature.

"I think Joe's right dad, he's probably just met someone and gone on a bender, he'll be back any day now" and I one hundred percent believed that.

...

Damon pov

"Nooo run little deer! RUN!" I started screaming at the TV as I crawl on all fours to the end of the bed to be closer to it.

"It's a gazelle" looking over my shoulder at Jax as he sat with a extra large bag of flaming hot doritos in his lap, staring at me with a lazy smile. His hair was sticking up in every direction and his over sized white t-shirt had slipped off his shoulder, showing his creamy pale shoulder, god I couldn't wait for my mark to be there for everyone to see.

"Deer, Gazelle. All four legged Bambi's in the end" he let out a little laugh at that, making me feel triumphant.

The last three days have pretty much consisted of us hanging out in this hotel room, eating junk food and watching TV, but this is the first time I've heard him laugh. He's pretty much been in his own head with the occasional small talk.

''How have you gone 24 years and ever watched David Attenborough before" as he spoke my phone starting vibrating again on the bed side table, I had hundreds of unanswered messages of different pack members, most were of dad and Archer along with a few from Seth asking what the fuck was going on, the only message I'd answered so far was from Tommy, telling me thank you for what I did and him and his mystery man was doing good, which I was happy about.

Apart from that though I was enjoying my peace with my little mate.

I caught Jax staring at my phone as it vibrated a couple more time before he let out a long breath, he'd gotten a total of three messages over the last few days one from his volunteer job at the animal shelter, saying they hope he felt better soon, after he told them he wouldn't be in because he was ill.

Then one of each of his parents, his mom's read

I'm sorry for how things went the other day you father shouldn't of hit you but you just pushed him too far this time Jaxson, I hope this time away will get you back on the right track

Love mom

While his dad's read

Don't come back to you sort that attitude of yours out

Dad

He'd texted them both back apologising for how he'd acted even though I repeatedly told him he had nothing to apologise for that and if I met his dad I'd break his risk for hitting him, that didn't go down well, even though it was clear his parents wasn't very loving to him, he still loved them so much.

"Everyone seems to be really worried about you" he still hadn't took his eyes off my phone even though it had gone quiet "maybe you should head back, I really am fine on my own" I could see his eyes starting to well up, what was going though his head. Shuffling back up to the top of the bed so I was now sat right next to him.

"I'm not going anywhere Jax, not until you get your head straight and then we can make a plan on what to do next okay" he didn't reply just dropped his head to my shoulder, that sweet scent of his even more powerful now.

Even though we had shared a bed for the last three nights nothing had happened excerpt for a few cuddles and god was it torture, I've had a constant hard on, which he's gotten of noticed but still not said anything about, either he doesn't want this to go any further or he's really polite, either way I'm not sure how much longer I can last, this is probably the longest I'd gone with out sex in years and it didn't help that he was my mate, the need to mark him was becoming overwhelming at this point. 

"How about I go to the shop and get some drink and we have our own little party"

"I don't really drink anymore" he shrugged.

"Might make you feel better"

"Doubt it" whipping his eyes he titled his head so that he could see me, I gave him a reassuring  smile, I really just wanted to get him out of his head the only way I knew how "fine"

"whoop" I cheer as I jump to my feet grabbing my wallet and jacket of the floor "I'll be right back" 

///

Thank you for reading hope your enjoying this as much as I'm enjoying writing it 

please vote and comment so I know what you think