Demoted

Archer pov

"Well this sucks" Damon lay on his bed throwing a ball up in the air before catching it and repeating over again while I sat messing with my phone. "I mean he's so over dramatic what does he expect us to do we are young; we're supposed to be enjoying ourselves before we get stuck with all this running a pack shit"

As much as I wanted to disagree with my sibling I couldn't because it was the truth, in a few years' dad would step down and Damon would take over as alpha, he wouldn't be able to go out drinking and partying all night, sleeping with whoever he wanted. He would have responsibilities, like the lives of a whole pack in his hands, it would be his job to keep them safe and alive, not mentioning all the other work that came with being the alpha of such a large city pack, truthfully I knew he was dreading it, sure it was his birth right, made very clear since we was young but Damon was just too easy going.

He didn't take anything too seriously, how he was going to go from the hardest thing being which selfie to unload to being an Alpha I don't know, so in a way I understood his behaviour, he was trying to have fun while he still could before his life became all work, but father didn't get that, he didn't get Damon. Dad had been brought up to be Alpha all his life, he'd took it very seriously, he was the youngest Alpha that we knew of having to take over from his dad when he was only seventeen after grandad died from an attack on the pack, everyone said he became even more uptight since that day.

"You just shouldn't of said anything then maybe he would of just punished us then and there and it would of been done with but no now we're stuck as middle ranks for who knows how long" I let out an huff throwing my phone on the bed side table, he always made it worse and I always got dragged into it.

"Well at least you can get a taste of what you could end up being" Damon snapped. My mouth dropped as if he said that, I knew I didn't have the darkest fur but still I wasn't no middle rank wolf, I was born a dominant and I would stay one.

"What the fucks that supposed to mean!" I'd sat up fully now glaring over at him while he paid me no notice, just kept throwing that stupid ball around like some child.

"Look we both know I'll end up being the alpha" yes, we did but his too full of himself attitude towards it pissed me off.

"We don't know that for sure" we did, everyone did.

"Everyone does Arch, just look at you! You could never be alpha. Your just about borderline dominant as it is" Damon got up and started messing around in our wardrobe "if you weren't the alpha's kid, you'd be down on your hands and knees cleaning floors with rest of them"

"Is that really what everyone thinks?" of course it was, I even thought it sometimes but my own brother announcing it so easily stung more than I would like to admit.

"Well yeah" he finally turned to look at me from where he stood one dark eyebrow raised "God Arch I thought all this was pretty obvious by now, like your fur for a start its light brown, what alpha have you ever known to have that colour before" I rested back against my bed now, all anger leaving me because deep now every word he said was true and I knew it, just no one had had the guts to say it to my face like this before.

"Well none I guess-" I trailed of in thought what he was saying wasn't wrong, Alphas nearly always had the darkest fur, my brother was the epitome of the typical alpha with his midnight fur, muscular figure and then that asshole attitude of his, it reeked soon to be alpha.

"Anyway, you'll be thankful one day when I'm stuck with stacks of paperwork and whiny subs complaining to me all day while you get to chill and fuck this pretty mate of yours" he came back into the room from the bathroom now empty-handed smirking.

"Would you just shut up for once it's not all about fucking, you can do other stuff with people you know" I could feel my face heating up, like I wasn't no virgin but I might as well be at this point, I'd only slept with two people so far and each time hadn't been the best of experiences for both sides.

"Oh, trust me I know" he winked, God he was annoying.

...

"Right so you've both been demoted enough times to know how this works right?" we both nodded "okay so up at six each morning and help start the pack's breakfast you don't eat till all the higher ranks and their mates are done okay" we nodded again why he felt the need to tell us this each time was beyond me "then clean all that up, on hunting day the party should be back by then so help bring the catch in and prepare and store it" he started walking off while talking with us both trailing behind like two lost pups "here's where the cleaning supplies are kept, you'll spend the majority of the day cleaning the whole house, if you're not cleaning you should be doing any odd jobs any dominates ask of you or running any errands okay?" we both nodded "Joe will be overseeing everything so listen and he'll give you your orders each day. Okay?"

"Okay" we said together, we had literally heard this so many times now, we could probably recite it by heart

"So basically, just do as your told for once. You hear that Damon?" Simon's voice raised at his question but my brother just smirked at the greying Bata.

"Course Simon, best behaviour" he did a mock salute making the beta hum.

"And Archer stop listening to your brother, by now you should have realised all he does is get you into more trouble" I smiled up at the large man who had pretty much helped my father raise us after my mother died.

"I will don't worry"

"Good right so I'll check back with you tonight and I'll be getting a report from Joe on how you both did so don't go being yourself Damon"

"ha ha old man you're really getting funny in your old age" Damon crossed his arm while staring at the beta with a raised dark brow.

"Shut it and get me my breakfast"

...

By the time we'd finished cleaning up after dinner I was done, like totally done. I don't think I could lift another muscle even if I wanted to do. How I was going to get up the stairs was beyond me. I slumped down on the sofa next to Damon who was tapping away at his phone.

"How the hell do middle ranks do this every day?" I let out a huff. I wonder how long dad was going to have us doing this for this time, last month it was only for a week, but I remember it being the longest week of my life.

"Wasn't that bad Arch you just haven't got much strength, anyway middle ranks don't exactly have much choice, if they don't get mated of to some higher rank with a weird golden wolf fetish" he did air quotation marks while saying golden wolf, as he put it there was nothing golden about them, they was just light brown simple as. "so, they know if they don't work, they will be punished, works less painful I guess"

"First of I'm not that weak" he hummed still not taking his eyes away from his phone, I took a quick look, he was swiping left and right on pictures of boys and girls. "what you are doing anyway" he kept on swiping.

"Since I'm stuck here for probably the next few weeks, I'm lining up future fucks"

"That's disgusting" I watched as he went onto a blonde boy's profile and started messaging back and forth with him, I could feel my face heat up while I read the messages between the two, god my brother was a vile creature.

"No, it's efficient" he looked me up and down "you should get on here, need a good fuck you do" my head shot up at that, if my face wasn't flaming red before it sure was now.

"I don't want a quick fuck I want a mate" god I sounded like a woman, even to myself.

"Why you want to rush having some whining bitch following you around for the rest of your life is beyond me, loosen up, have some fun for once" my brother was an arse but maybe I needed to take a bit more charge when it came to finding my mate and I guess joining a dating app couldn't hurt.

Maybe.

/// 

which brother you liking the best so far?

and please vote and comment to let me know what you think