~ ch.8 ~

june 12th, 2019
- Tom -

Andy made me forget that we were stranded on an island. She made me forget all the stress and worry that I had going on in my head. Of course it eventually came back but she helped me forget for the time being. It was easy with her. It felt.. natural.

"Alright, if you could have any superpower, what would it be?" She asked. We were exploring the jungle, making sure not to stray far from the lagoon or beach.

I chuckled. "Spider-Man's powers." She still didn't believe me that I'm an actor or that I play Spider-Man. She always rolled her eyes and said 'Yeah, and I'm Iron Man.'

"Of course you would pick his." She sighed dramatically. We walked side by side, trudging through the jungle. It was hot and humid, making sweat run down my back. Andy was wearing shorts and a tank top while I was still stuck wearing black jeans and a tropical button up. My shirt was kind of ironic considering the situation.

"Shut up," I laughed. "What would you choose?" I countered, pulling at my shirt so I can get a small breeze going through it.

I loved Andy's thinking face. She usually squinted her eyes and bit down on her bottom lip. "Hmm.. Maybe.." She scratched her head. "Being able to fly would be cool."

"Flying? Why flying?" I asked, ducking under a branch and lifting it up for her as she passed under it.

"It'd be nice to just... get away whenever I needed." Her voice became shyer. "Fly anywhere I want, why wouldn't I want that?" I stopped in my tracks, turning to her. She stopped and faced me, a confused look on her face. "Why are you stopping? Do you need a break?"

I took a step closer to her, "Why do you feel the need to get away?" I asked in a quiet voice. No one was around for probably hundreds of miles yet I still found myself almost whispering to her.

Andy looked away, her cheeks flushed. "I.. I, um, I don't have much of a family. I only have Rosalind, but she has her own life to live. She can't be with me all the time— so what's the point in sticking around if I'm just being a waste of space for her?" I suddenly found myself clenching my jaw and fists.

june 12th, 2019
- Andy -

Tom's face frowned and he came even closer to me, his body almost touching mine and our faces mere inches apart. "Don't you dare call yourself a waste of space, Andy."

My lips parted just from being surprised. I didn't expect that answer. His brows creased, our hands touched and he slowly took mine in his. His body brushed against mine as we stood there, our eyes locked. He still smelled like a rainy day— just like that night on the cruise ship.

His eyes traveled behind me, gazing at something for a second then coming back to me. He gave me a small smile, releasing one of my hands and reaching behind me. He leaned against me, his entire front fully pressed against me. I felt my cheeks heat up, I let go of his other hand and used it to distance myself from his chest. I heard him a laugh a little when my palm pushed on his chest slightly.

When he stopped reaching behind me, I noticed something colorful in his hand. A flower. It was orangey-red with big petals and a fresh scent. It was beautiful. Tom cupped one side of my face gently, my eyes meeting his once again. He pushed a small piece of hair behind my ear and tucked the flower along with it.

"Beautiful." He breathed out.

I looked down and smiled, "Yeah, it is a pretty flower."

"I wasn't talking about the flower."