~ ch.1 ~

june 2nd, 2019
- Andy -

"When will you be back?" Rosalind, my best friend of 10 years, asked me. We were standing on the docks, a duffel back over my shoulder as the nighttime summer breeze blew by.

"I'm not sure, Ro." I shrugged. "I don't even know where I'm headed yet, maybe Rome, Paris or even Amsterdam." I didn't bother to see where the cruise ship was headed, there was more fun in the surprise.

Ro rolled her eyes, "Just.. Come back, alright?" She pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "Please."

"You gotta let me go before you break my ribs and I'm not able to say goodbye." I said in a strained laugh, Ro chuckled and let go. I smiled to her, her yellow blonde hair was tied back in a tight bun. She was wearing leggings and a pink sweater, off-brand uggs on her feet.

Me? I was nothing like Ro. She was pretty and well put together, always polite and welcoming to everyone she met— I was the opposite. My hair was always a tangled mess of golden brown, I had dreary grey eyes that resembled a gloomy day, and my clothes were always wrinkled and baggy. Not to mention the sarcasm that I used religiously.

"I love you, Ro."

"I love you too, Andy."

~~~

june 2nd, 2019
- Andy -

I didn't have money so I had to stowaway on some cruise liner. Where ever it was headed, that's where I would start my new adventure. I was staying in the cargo bay, my backpack stuffed behind a few crates. I didn't wanna take chances of getting caught so I planned on getting off the ship at the first stop, which would be in 2 days exactly.

I slugged my backpack over my shoulder and sneaked my way up to the main deck. Half the day had passed and I couldn't stay cooped up in the cargo bay any longer. The setting sun was warm on my skin. I wore jean shorts, a white t-shirt and some sneakers, simple but comfortable. I had all my essentials in my backpack— toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, a razor, extra clothes and my journal. Everything I could ever need.

The water was dark and rushing— it made me uneasy, I stepped away from the railing and sighed

The water was dark and rushing— it made me uneasy, I stepped away from the railing and sighed. "Nervous?" A voice came from behind me, I jumped and turned to see a very attractive young man, he had an accent. His hair was dark brown, his skin was fair and he had small, pink lips. He was taller than me, at least by a couple inches and I could smell the cologne on him. He reminded me of a rainy day with the clouds shrouding the sky completely.

I chuckled, "It's scary to think that this could all sink and then we'd all be left for the depths of the ocean to take." I turned back to the railing, staring down at the water as the sky became dark and the stars made their entrance.