~ ch. 29 ~

AndyDecember 31st, 2020

   "You're here." I stood up immediately, meeting his eyes and being shocked by his presence. "Wow." I laughed lightly.

   "You look beautiful." Tom said lowly, a smile pulling at his lips as his warm eyes looked at her with admiration. "How are you?" He asked cheerfully, I sat back down and he followed, sitting closely to me. His warmth was just as I remembered.

   "Thank you." I blushed, "Um, I'm good. Really good. I live in Washington now, I work at a cruise agency... ironically."

   He laughed, "That's great, I'm happy for you."

   "How are you?"

   "I'm great, I have a new Spider-Man movie confirmed. Filming starts soon, it'll be out 2022 I think."

   "Yeah, I heard. I actually watched the other two, homecoming and far from home. They're both really amazing, I think I can confidently say I believe you now about being Spider-Man." I laughed with a smile. I watched them last month, I was having a pretty awful day and they were on tv at the time. I remember hesitating at first but it was such a bad day that I wanted some form of comfort. I think that's when I first started to miss him again.

   "It makes me really happy that you liked them." He said sweetly, "I've missed.. I don't know if you ever saw any of my texts, but I tried to keep up with you."

   "I got them, yeah." I felt a tension rise. "Um.. I'm sorry that I never.."

   "Hey." His hand placed on top of mine, "It's okay. It's really okay." He looked me in the eyes, "You had every reason to not talk to me, I deserved it. I still regret what I did, I always will. You have no idea how grateful I am that you messaged me."

   "I honestly didn't think you'd come." I shrugged, looking down at my shoes.

   "I wouldn't have missed it for anything in the world, Andy."

   Tears filled my eyes, "I.." How was I meant to ask this? "Uh.. I.."

   He came closer, his thumb hooked under my chin and lifted my head to look in his eyes. He moved his hand to cup my cheek, "May I?"

   I was at a loss for words, all I could do was nod. He closed his eyes and leaned in, I smiled, closing mine and parting my lips ever so slightly. His were soft as they met with mine, something I didn't know how badly I missed and wanted. I leaned in further, I moved my hands to the back of his neck and I fell into him as he kissed me like it was our last.

   We pulled away, "I still love you, Andy. I never stopped."

   He wiped away a tear with his thumb and smiled at me. "Me neither." My phone buzzed, I checked to see a text from Rosalind.

New imessage from Ro
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU LATER, XOXO LOVE U BITCH

   I laughed, "What is it?" Tom asked.

   I shook my head, putting my phone away and grabbing his face with my hands. "Happy new year." I kissed him and his hands wrapped around me, he deepened it as he held me close and tightly. I never wanted to stop kissing him.