~ ch.7 ~

june 10th, 2019
- Andy -

   Going for a swim in the lagoon became an everyday ritual

Going for a swim in the lagoon became an everyday ritual. I didn't have anymore bras to lose but I did make sure that I kept my underwear on. But, because I was now swimming completely topless, I had to be extra sure that Tom wasn't around. I even took the liberty of telling him that I was going to go wash up in the lagoon— that was enough for him to know that I needed privacy because he hasn't bothered me since.

I spent the morning rinsing my other pair of clothes and hanging them up to dry on the nearby branches. I did miss having a bra, mainly because I kept accidentally punching myself in the boob when I was shaking my clothes after taking them out of the water. But other than that, fuck bras.

By the time I made it back to the beach, it was probably around mid-day. Hard to tell since neither Tom or I had watches and both of our phones were busted from the water. I had to admit though, it was nice being away from the world— even if I was marooned on an island.

My dreams have been rather active lately too, most of them consisting of Rosalind forgetting about me and moving on. Others about drowning in the ocean. I haven't gone farther than ankle deep since that night Tom and I fell off the ship. I've been too scared— terrified that the water would pull me under, drag me down and flood the air out of me until I couldn't breathe.

Being stranded on an island wasn't bad. It was the nightmares. The fears of never being found. The horrible memory of nearly drowning. All of it anxiety-inducing except being stuck here with Tom. It seemed ridiculous to think that, but.... I couldn't help it.

"You alright?" Tom nudged my elbow as he came up behind me. I must have been staring off into space as I stood in the sand.

"Huh?" I turned to him, seeing a curious expression. "Oh. Yeah. Just thinking." I sighed, sitting down and resting my arms on my knees, the sand warming my skin as the sun shined down on us.

Tom sat down next to me, his leg brushing against mine as he got comfortable. "What about?" He hummed, leaning his chin on his hand as he looked over at me.

I met his eyes, seeing a small smile tugging at his lips. I tried to hold it in because this seemed like a serious moment but I started to giggle uncontrollably.

Tom laughed, "What? What's so funny?"

I felt my cheeks starting to ache and I calmed myself down, exhaling with a smile on my face as I looked at him. "Nothing." I lied. His smile made me smile, his laugh made me laugh, but I wasn't about to admit to that. No way.

   He rolled his eyes and playfully pushed me over with a chuckle.

   I gasped, "Oh, you do not know what you just started!" I joked, pushing him over in sand and laughing as he made an 'oof' sound.

   "You wanna play that game? Alright, Andy. You're on." He gave me a devilish grin, I felt my cheeks hurting again from the smiling.

   "Catch me if you can." I taunted, getting to my feet and running into the jungle.

   "You can't run from me, Andy!" Tom laughed, chasing after me. His footsteps getting closer as his longer legs carried him further. I giggled, feeling all my anxieties and fears subside for the time being. I felt free in that moment and that's all I cared about.