~ ch. 14 ~

Andy

August, 2019

   Tom was standing next to me on the shore, the sun was setting, his hand brushed against mine and a smile tugged at my lips. "Can I kiss you?" He asked.

   I woke up with a racing heart. "You okay?" Tom asked, he was sitting by the fire.

   "Yep. Just a dream." I lied. I could feel my cheeks heating up. The wind was getting faster too, "What's with the weather?"

   "I think a storm might be coming through.." His tone was concerned. "We should find better shelter to wait it out in case it comes." I agreed, the sun was rising. "I'm going to head out and scope out some caves, I won't go far. Want to come?"

   I shook my head, "I wanna take a swim in the lagoon before we're stuck in a cave for who knows how long." My back was sweaty from my dream, I still had butterflies everytime he glanced over at me. Soon enough, Tom was gone and heading for the lagoon.

***

   I was laying out on one of the rocks, drying myself and my clothes in the sun. The water was warmer, even the ocean too, which was definitely a sign of a storm coming. I closed my eyes, smiling with the sun rays on me. I started to dream again... "Can I kiss you?"

   It didn't feel real. I wanted it to so badly but it wasn't real. His warm brown eyes looking at me with such passion, I cupped my hands on his face, nothing felt real. "We need to go." What?

   "Tom?" I woke up, wet. It was raining. The sky was dark and the wind was intense. "TOM?" I yelled out, putting my soaking clothes on and climbing down from the rock. "HELLO?" I started running back to the beach, but he was gone. "TOM!" I didn't know what to do, my heart was racing and I was all alone.

   I ran back into the jungle, looking for any kind of shelter, thunder started to sound and I wanted to cry. Why did I have to fall asleep? I could hardly see anything and then.. lightning. It flashed, giving me a second of light to see a small cliff overhang, I ran for it and tripped. My head hit something hard and I screamed. "God.." I groaned, trying to get up. Another flash.

   "Andy?"

   "Help.." I cried, my vision blurring and everything was black.