Chapter 21 the wedding

• Dedicated to all the single ladies x)

No one's looking at you, Wendy. No one's watching your every move right now, as if they're TRYING to pressure you into messing up.

. I was just about to start walking down the aisle when out of the blue, I hear someone behind me say,

"WAIT! Wendy!"

I turned around, and 50% of me hoped it was Michael, who came back and decided to stay.

But it wasn't him. It was someone else. Someone better. And no matter how much I hated him for leaving me, I came to love him at this very moment in time.

"Dad," I murmured.

My dad smiled at me and bowed his balding gray head. "Sorry I'm late. The stupid taxi wouldn't accept debit. So I hope he accepts fists-"

"-you didn't!"

"I know, I'm just kidding," he laughed, as if it was a classic. "Well... let's get this show on the road."

We started to walk down the aisle and hundreds of pairs of eyeballs turned to look.

"Why did you come to my wedding?" I whispered to him while we walked.

"Hey," he said gruffly. "No daughter of mine is EVER going to walk alone on her wedding day."

"Dad," I laughed.

We continued to walk down the aisle. Every smile and face turned towards our direction. They saw everything.

Ok, they did NOT just see me trip just now. I'll play it off like I'm pretending to dance. Yeah, that should make it better. No.... no it didn't -____-.

The boys from One Direction, sitting in the front, all turned and smiled happily.

"Go Wendy!" Louis mouthed.

"We love you!" Daniel Radcliffe and Tom Felton waved at me.

I saw Nathan, the Best Man, and Araceli, one of the bridesmaids. That was only because Holly fought to become the Maid of Honor. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

This walk was a lot longer than I thought. I thought it was just walk straight but NO. It's as if your life flashes in front of you. Past, present, and future.

"I miss mom," I muttered sadly.

My dad patted my shoulder. "You look just like her when we had our wedding. Stunning, beautiful.... your mom was all these things."

I imagined my mother on her own wedding day, nervous and scared as heck but looking gloriously splendid. Did I really look like that?

We finally got to the altar. It seemed like an eternity.

I tried to walk up the steps but my dad held a elbow with a firm grip. His eyes shadowed regret and pain and joy.

"Dad," I said. "You gotta let go now."

He kept shaking his head and then finally he let go and pointed at Ryan.

"You better take good care of my Wendy... Blondie."

I can tell my dad wanted to say the word PRICK-he always calls other men pricks- but since it was a church, he called Lochte a Blondie. And that's okay with me.

My dad kissed my forehead like what Michael always did, and he walked to sit down.

I turned around and Ryan was there, beaming at me.

"You look amazing."

"So do you."

And the wedding progressed. All I could see in the world now was just me and Ryan. Time stopped for the both of us. I didn't realize that I was automatically saying "I DO", without even listening to the question. Then finally:

"You may now kiss the bride."

I pulled Ryan in close and said "Come here, Blondie." And while we kissed, I heard my dad in the background yell "HEY!" ;)

.................................................................................................<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3