Chapter 16 Last Resort

Paramedics rushed into my penthouse and took Brian. Ryan was still taking a shower. So I rammed in there and screamed,

"Brian's bleeding and I'm taking him to the hospital!!!" 

Ryan nearly dropped the tub of shampoo and almost slipped in the shower.

"WHAT?!" his voice boomed through the roaring water. "I'M COMING! JUST...WAIT!"

He fumbled with the knob and ran out with a Ralph Lauren bathrobe custom-made for him and only him.

"BRIAN!" he ran to the paramedics, and in a few excrutiating minutes, we were out of the house and in the ambulance, almost a block away from the hospital.

My baby was unconscious and lying still. Bloody towels surrounded him. I whimpered and I let the water works loose.

"Don't worry, ma'am," the paramedic said. "We're almost there."

When we did get there, the doctors and nurses wasted no time. They got the procedure steady and running.

I sat in the waiting room with Ryan, who was still in his Ralph Lauren bathroom. I laughed through the tears.

"Maybe you should change into something more appropriate," I giggled.
"Why?" he asked. "This is fine enough for me."
"Ryan you're still dripping."
".....right... I'll just.. go then."
"You go do that."

I laughed and watched him leave with a small wave. Just 10 minutes later, the doctor approached me.

"Doctor!" I jumpeed from my seat. "What happened? Is he okay???"

The doctor cleared his throat. "He's gonna be alright..."
I sighed in relief.
"For now."

My eyes opened wide and my heart started to pound.
"What do you mean... for now?"

The doctor shook his head. "He's suffering from thrombocytopenia and hemorrhagic disease. But don't worry it's only temporary if he finds a donor. He lost a lot of blood and he needs a lot of effective platelets and Vitamin K in his system."

I started to cry again. "I'll donate the blood! Please! I... I-"
"-You are far too weak still to donate blood. And you're still breastfeeding, so it's not advisable and..."
"PLEASE!" I yelled.
The doctor just shook his head.

"What other options do I have?" I asked sternly.
"Why don't you just get his father to donate blood. It appears that the boy has a masculine chromosome and his dna cell structure coincides just nicely with his father's."

I gulped.
"Okay... okay. Thanks doctor."

After the doctor left, I took my phone out. I can't believe I was gonna do this.

This was the last thing I wanted to do, and my hand trembled while I dailed the number.

"Hello?" was the other voice on the line.

"I need you right here... right now," I said, my voice choking. "Michael."