Chapter 1 The Fight

It all happened when I came home to the penthouse one day. Ryan wasn't on the couch watching TV as usual. He was... packing.

"I thought you weren't going to Florida 'til next Monday?" I asked. Today was Tuesday.

He huffed and blew out a steam of air and lifted his luggage with ease all the way to my door.

"I know," he said blankly.

I watched him fix his baggage and sort his things.

"What are you doing?" I asked, after 5 minutes of silence. He looked at me with angry eyes and slammed his fist onto the luggage.

"I can't live here anymore, Wendy! Damn it, all you do is freakin' work, work, work, and then you get home and then it's... I can't do it! I can't just sit here and do nothing! There aren't any pools here I can practice in-"

"-what about the one on the roof?!"

"Yeah, sure, so EVERYONE will bug me and bother me and won't leave me alone?! Damn it, I want my private pool, with a private coach... I wanna go home!"

I was scared. Ryan never yelled at me before. Then anger replaced the hurt.

"THEN GO HOME!" I yelled. "Go on and LEAVE! I don't give a rat's ass-"

"-See that's the problem Wendy! It came out of your mouth... you don't give a rat's ass!"

He pointed at me violently.

I was silent, watching him and seething in rage.

"And if you don't give a rat's ass, I won't either," he cried. Then he headed for the door and looked at me one last time before slamming the door shut.