Chapter 3 One Direction comes to NYC

Michael didn't really talk to me after that day, which I guess I pretty much deserved. I just ignored what happened and went to work.

The fashion corp I worked for wasn't too far away. It was just down the avenue. I walked into the modernistic building with my chic white heels and my pale pink blazer and pencil skirt. My office overlooked the streets of NYC. But not the dark alleys where most people get beat up, but more like the nice refined part of town.

As I finished my fashion files for next season's magazine, the intercom rang and my secretary's voice sounded through the PA.

"Wendy, someone is here to see you."

I thought hard. Who could it possibly be? I wasn't expecting anyone today.

"Let them in," I answered. "Thanks."

5 guys walked in. I gasped and sprang up  from my seat.

"OH MY GOODNESS!" I  cried. "You're here in New York!"

One Direction stood before me, their very presence sending ripples of amazement to my every being.

Their soundtrack "What makes you beautiful" seemed to be playing out of thin air as they walked in. That was the power of One Direction.

British boybands have a thing to them, this mysterious quality to their songs... their music is eternal. You can never get tired of it, even though you play it 50 times in a row. Look at the Beatles... you can listen to them for ages.

"Wendy!" They cried. They reminded me of the Lost Boys from Peter Pan. Of course, I used to be Wendy, Ryan used to be Peter... okay that was a LONG ASS TIME AGO -___-.

They ran up to hug me.

"Boys," I laughed. "What the heck are you doing here? I thought I left you all in London?"

"We followed you," Harry smiled.

"Is Pippa still stalking me?" I asked.

"Not so much. Her obssession died down a bit," Niall answered. "She found a new hero to bother... Louis here, who bumped into her while-"

"-eating goat cheese," I finished laughing. It was a month ago when I encountered THE Pippa Middleton choking on goat cheese. WHO DOES THAT?!

I turned to Louis and smiled. "She won't let off that easily. How's Holly?"

A month ago, my best friend Holly hooked up with Louis at an H&M fashion show.

"She's doing fine," Louis nodded. "She misses you. Gettin' pretty lonely in London, she says."

"Well why did you leave her?" I asked.

"To talk to you, of course!" Zayn said. "Wendy, Tom and Dan are getting married and they want YOU to plan the wedding-"

"Woah, woah, woah... Tom Felton and Daniel Radcliffe are getting married?"

Daniel clarified this with me at our last encounter at the pub last month.

"You heard right," Liam smiled. "We're friends with the guy, gay old sport..."

"And he requested that YOU plan the wedding. He wanted us to perform."

I leaned against my desk and sighed. "So we have to fly back to London?"

The boys simultaniously shook their heads. "No, no, he's having the wedding HERE! In New York!"

My nose scrunched in disgust. Half of me wanted to go back to London. Another half wanted me to shoot a gun to my head. KIDDING! okay no, maybe...

"Why New York?" I asked.

"Because he loves pidgeons and bird dung," Louis said sarcastically. "Now will you excuse me as I go to that carrot factory across the street?"