Chapter 10 Not ready for this.

Michael knows.

He knows that I'm PREGGIE.

He was the last person on earth that I wanted to tell. Okay, my loathing and fear of him is justified. Know why?

Because what if he was right? What if something DID happened that night? And would he tell Ryan and the rest of the world?!

All this thinking about Michael made my head hurt so I lay down on the sofa. Ryan saw and came back from the kitchen with some raspberry iced tea.

"Drink this," he said. "It'll help."

I drank the iced tea and smiled at him. He sat next to me and kissed my cheek. "Are you ready?" he asked. "Today's your ultra-sound."

I groaned. The question caught me off-guard.

He was obviously ready.

I wasn't.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Wendy Hamilton, do you want to know the baby's gender?"

I groaned.

"Sure," I said. "Hit me with your best shot?"

The doctor cleared her throat.

"Wendy, you have a baby-"

"-No, no stop!" I cried.

Ryan looked at me like I was crazy. He was obviously excited for this momentous event. And his incredulous eyes searched mine in confusion.

"What I meant was... well, I... I want it to be a surprise until my due date."

I said, nodding.

Ryan breathed and then said "Okay, we can wait another 4 and a half months" on the exhale.

"Very well," the doctor said. "See you in 4 and a half months Wendy."

I couldn't do it. I really couldn't do it.

That night was the banquet. Ryan and I flew over to D.C. to go to the White House and meet the President.

I wore a soft pink dress and Ryan wore his Ralph Lauren polo (AGAIN -_-)

Araceli and Nathan looked beautiful together as always. She wore a long, flowy aquamarine dress while he wore a white dress shirt with a matching aqua colored tie. If I wasn't so used to their magnificence, I would've cried.

Ryan told them the big news. Everyone applauded and congratulated me.

All the Olympic swimmers were there, eating and enjoying the night.

Everyone attended. Everyone except Michael Phelps.