(Dead) Petra x Levi x Reader ~ It's Been a Year Now

This story takes place a year after Petra's death btw. Also, I'm sorry for not updating because I just started my second quarter of school. Hopefully I'll post two stories a week but we'll see. And I wrote some of this on my phone so, yeah...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were awaken in the middle of the night by sobbing. The sound came from one of the neighboring rooms. Your neighbors were Hanji and Levi, but you knew Hanji was out experimenting on her newest test subject titans tonight.

Levi? you thought. Levi doesn't cry, does he?

He was so harsh when you were a cadet, and even now, even after becoming a part of Squad Levi, he still kinda treated you like crap.

You'd been in Squad Levi for seven months now. He lost his old squad a while ago; everyone but himself and Eren were wiped out by titans.

You got out of bed and crept over to the wall that connected your room to Levi's.

"Petra," you heard a deep voice say. It sounded just like Levi, aside from the sobbing. "It's been a year today, hasn't it?"

You recognized the name Petra. She had a crush on Levi when she was still alive.

After her death, her father revealed that she had taken quite a strong liking to Levi.

In that sense, she was kind of like you.

Despite his flaws, there was just something attractive about him that you couldn't quite put your finger on.

Levi spoke again. "Petra, I'm sorry I could never admit how I truly felt about you. I loved you. I still love you. I'm sorry I couldn't save you. Not a day goes by that I regret not being there."

The story touched you. You could feel tears welling up in your eyes. Who would have thought Corporal Levi could feel this way about anyone?

He sniffed. "You know, there's this girl that joined my squad a few months ago," he said in a slightly more positive way. "You would have gotten along. You're very alike. She's lighthearted and silly, but can be serious when the time requires it. I wonder who he's talking about, you thought. "She's also independent, motivated, and really funny. There's just one problem, though. She tends to hide her feelings. She pretends I don't know that she's staring at me in the mess hall, or how clumsy she is when we're alone together. Despite that, though, I-I think I love her."

You were hurt. It meant Levi didn't feel the way you did.

"Oh, I almost forgot," he said. "Tch, look at me, blabbering about this girl, but you don't even know her name."

You listened closely to hear this girl's name.

"Her name is ____."

Your eyes widened is surprised as you heard Levi say your name. Really? He feels that way about me?

And in a rather loud voice, no longer sobbing, Levi said, "I also find it funny that she thinks that I don't know that she's eavesdropping."

You gasped. How did he know?

You heard him get up, walk over to his door, open and close his door, and walk over to your room. Quietly, you ran to your bed and got under the sheets.

The door to your room slowly creaked open and closed. You heard clunky footsteps approach your bed. You squeezed your eyes shut.

"____," Levi said. You still pretended to be asleep.

He sighed. "You asked for it," he murmured.

"____!" he yelled. It was so loud the entire dorm house could hear it. You jumped from being startled.

"I knew you were awake," he said.

You gave up the act and rolled over to face him and sat at the edge of the bed. "So what if I was?" you said, mocking his mean tone.

He sat down next to you. "How much did you hear?" he asked. "Enough," you said, still mocking him. "Enough to know how you feel about me."

Even in the sim moonlight, you could clearly see Levi's face turn red. Noticing his blushing, he turned away from you to hide his face. This was a side of him you'd never seen before. It really... cute.

You cupped his face in your hands and turned his face to look at you. Dropping the mocking tone, you said coaxingly, "Don't be embarrassed, Levi. I really like you too."

Cupping his cheeks, you pulled him into a deep and passionate kiss. He had soft, warm lips and he smelled like vanilla, mint, and sweat.

You kissed for a few more minutes. The two of you crawled under the sheets and stayed together for the rest of the night.

~~~~The Next Morning~~~~

You were on your way to the mess hall for breakfast.

You felt an arm around your shoulder. You looked up to see Jean.

"Get off me, creep!" you yelled pushing him away. He just wrapped his arm around you again.

"Oh, ____," he said. "What?" you asked rudely. "I heard Levi tell at you last night. What'd you do to piss him off?"

You sighed, not knowing how to answer.

Suddenly, Jean let go of you and fell to the floor. Levi walked up to you, stepping on Jean, and wrapping his arm around you.

"Damn brat," said Levi as the two of you walked to the mess hall, leaving Jean crippled on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yasssss slayyyy wutttt. Shout out to my sister Ashi-chan (Ashley) and my cousin Mi-chan (Selene). hope y'all liked it!