Levi x Dying Reader ~ I Never Got to Say Goodbye

Before I begin, three things; first, thanks for 5k reads, I appreciate it. Second, thanks for 200 votes. Finally, I'm doing two Levi x Dying Reader s. One is because of Titans and the other is because of disease. That's all.

Requested by m3126c

"Stay safe," you say to your boyfriend of four years, Corporal Levi Ackerman.

"I'll be fine. Besides, I'm more worried about you than me."

"It's okay."

At least that's how you wanted it to happen. Recently, the two of you had been fighting more. About getting married, having kids, getting killed, and transferring you to his squad. You had been chosen for Erwin's special squad and were a right hand man, well, woman, for Commander Erwin himself, serving alongside Mike Zacharius.

There had been more than just those fights, however. Stuff about stupid shit, like if you should scrub the bathroom tile every six or eight hours, or what color your curtains should be.

Today was the big day, though. You weren't getting married or anything. Today was a big expedition for the titans, to see if they could hear anything. Hanji had put a lot of effort into making sure it went right.

Everyone in the Survey Corps gathered outside the base, near the gate of Wall Maria.

You listened to Erwin's orders, like everyone else did. Things about the formation, smoke flares, and what to do in the worst case scenario.

Later, while Erwin finishes talking, someone approaches you and whispers in your ear, "You can switch squads now, (y/n). Ask Erwin."

Levi.

You turn around to see him, his face stoic as ever. You sigh. "Why can't you ask him?" That came out harsher than you meant.

Levi "tchs." "Because Erwin sees me as a soldier. You're like his best friend. He'll want to help you out."

You scowl at the ridiculous notion of you and Commander Erwin being friends. "We're not friends. I was specifically chosen to work for him, not because he wanted to be friends, but because he needed assistance. It wouldn't be fair if I just abandoned him right when he needs me."

"Well I need you."

You turn around so that your back is facing away from Levi and roll your eyes. You turn back at him and sigh again. "You'll be fine, Corporal. Remember? You're humanity's strongest."

You put emphasis on Corporal to piss him off. He made it very clear that he wanted you to call him Levi, whether in private or in public.

"Tch," he scoffs. "You're so fucking stubborn. I'm just trying to protect you. You think you're all high and mighty, but you're not, (y/n)! You're not!"

You try to keep a straight face, even though you were pretty much dying inside. "You know what Corporal, just leave me alone. I don't need you to protect me! I'll be fine, okay?!"

At this point, almost everyone was looking at you two. You were "Humanity's Cutest Couple," but you sounded like humanity's loudest.

You brush it off before Levi could. "You know what? Just go fuck yourself."

Then you walk away, feeling worse than you thought you would. You thought this would give you satisfaction, but it didn't.

Then someone behind you yells, "Well, fuck you too!"

Later that day, when it was time to leave, you get onto your horse and ride next to Commander Erwin.

"If you wanted to switch squads, you could've asked."