Levi x Self Harm Reader

First off, I'm going to say that I do understand the situation of self harm. I understand everything and I myself have been struggling with it for the past few months. Also, this may be triggering and really sad. Please leave a comment if you are easily triggered or something so that I can avoid this in future fanfictions. Thank you.

It was a warm day, a couple light breezes here and there, but all in all a warm day.

Lots of things were warm. The porridge and bread you ate at lunch, the steam from titan blood, and even more, the hotness of your own blood.

The crimson liquid trickles down your wrist as clear, salty liquid trickles down your face.

You look at your broken mirror. You smashed the corner of it a few months ago and used a shard of the broken glass to cut yourself.

Those few months ago, one of your best friends got eaten alive by a titan right in front of you. The sight was so gruesome. Right now, all you wanted was to join her and all the others who had fallen victim to the endless rage of the titans.

Seeing the time, you realize that you have to leave soon for an expedition. You were lucky enough to become a part of the Special Operations Squad, led by Corporal and Captain Levi Ackerman. You put the glass into one of the drawers in your dresser. Out of another drawer, you grab a smaller piece of glass to take with you, since you would be out for around a week.

At this point, you didn't even need motivation to cut. It was so normal, like part of your everyday routine.

Wake up. Shower. Cut. Brush hair. Cut. Brush teeth. Cut. Train. Cut. Get ready for bed. Cut. Sleep. Repeat.

You finish packing and go into the bathroom. You wash off the gashes with cool water. "Damn," you curse. It stung like hell and burned your skin more than the cutting itself.

Only one person kept you alive. Captain Levi was the only person who could motivate you to keep pushing forward.

He didn't know about your cuts, but he probably wouldn't care. Everyone knew that he had a cold heart of stone.

Either way, he kept you going.

Your wrists still stinging, you pull down the sleeves on your jacket and head out the door. On the way out, your only living best friend, Petra Ral, meets you.

"Hey, ____," she says perkily. You sincerely wished that someday you could be as happy as her, but deep down, you knew that it wasn't a reasonable possibility.

You give a slight smile back, your wrist still hurting. "Hey, Petra."

"What's wrong?" She asks, still fairly perky.

"Nothing," you lie. You continue to smile back, and eventually, it works and she goes back to frolicking in her own little world. Sometimes, you wished she could see reality and that it's something no one wants to frolic in. Fortunately, you knew it would just break her heart, and besides, there was no way you could do that to her.

You're the first ones to the meeting grounds surprisingly.

"Brats," Captain Levi says.

"Captain Levi!" Petra exclaims. She was practically in love with him and adored everything about him.

"Tch," he responds. She fawns over his attitude, but he brushes her off, like he's done ever since she joined the squad.

Captain Levi just walks away to find Erwin back at his office, leaving you two as the only people there.

You and Petra decide to warm up before everyone got there, so you do a little hand-to-hand sparring.

Everything was going great, until you throw a jab, in which you extend your arm too much. Petra does what she's supposed to and blocks it, rubbing the fabric of your jacket sleeve onto your cuts.