Levi x Reader ~ The Silence

Quick A/N before we begin. This is my first attempt at a song lyric one shot. The song kinda goes with the story. You might want to listen before you read because of the lyrics. In case it won't play, it's called "The Silence" by Mayday Parade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tear in two, she lies awake, the moon lights up her room like day.

You sat at your windowsill, looking at the moon. You were suffering from insomnia. Your boyfriend Levi had broken your heart almost a month ago, and you still weren't over him.

Another night she spends alone, without his touch, her skin so cold.

Even worse, he broke up with you the day before your one year anniversary. Though, you understood him. He didn't want you to be hurt if he died. But that was something you were willing to put up with.

The blood that's running through her veins, with every beat there's no escape.

You were so heartbroken. You just wished someone, anyone, would help ease the pain.

Lost in everything she trusts, still can't seem to get enough.

You were still in his squad, though, and there was no avoiding him. You didn't want to avoid him. You still loved him. When you were around him, though, you tried your best to keep your facial expressions stoic.

Even though the world she loves, it won't ever be the way it was.

Levi was completely stoic around you as well. It hurt that he had moved on. Things could never be the same between you.

His heart of stone left hers breaking.

Levi even told you that he couldn't love, he wouldn't let himself. But somehow, you managed to make him fall for you, and you hated yourself for it.

Every night she cries, and dies a little more each time, say you love me.

What the hell is wrong with me?! you screamed inside your head. That jerk! Why did I ever fall for him?! I'm such a dumbass!

Nothing left inside, say you love me, and the silence will set her free.

You remembered the breakup clearly.

Memories they take her back, every moment fades to black.

You told him you loved him for the first time, but he didn't say anything back except, "This is bad for us, ____. One of these days, I'm gonna die, or you're gonna die, and the other won't be able to go on. I think this is the end."

Every kiss and every taste, she wishes time would ease the pain.

It's already been a month. Why the hell am I crying? I shouldn't let that idiot get to me anymore.

Even though the world she loves, it won't ever be the way it was.

He broke up with me to spare my feelings, but he might as well be dead to me, and I to him. That was it. You walked over to the corner of your room where you kept your 3DMG and took out one of the blades.

Her heart is weak, her hands are shaking.

You were ready to finish it. But somehow, you couldn't. Your palms were sweaty and shaky, but you decided you would finish it right here and now.

(Levi's POV)

Every night she cries, and dies a little more each time, say you love me.

I heard her sobbing through the window. I was sobbing too. I just didn't let her hear me.

Nothing left inside, say you love me, and the silence will set her free.

I should have told her how I really felt, I thought. I really should have. She tries to hide her emotions around me, but can't. I just hope I'm able to hide mine.

And every night she cries.

I heard her get up, still crying. You could distinctly hear the shink of a blade leaving its sheath. What the hell is that brat doing?

I don't know if I'll ever make this right, 'cause I am just so broken by the bitterness of loneliness, and I'm so scared of this.

I still had ____'s extra room key. I decided to go over and see what was going on. When I walk in, I see her bawling, eyes soaking wet. Her arm is outstretched, holding her blade towards herself. "____!" I yell. Dropping her blade, she looked at me. "Levi?"

(Reader POV)

Levi stood there in the doorway. "Levi?"

I don't know if I'll ever make this right, 'cause I am just so broken by the bitterness of loneliness, and I'm so scared.

He ran up and kissed you. You could feel the passion and chills running up and down your spine.

"____," he said. You looked up at him. "I'm so sorry."

Even though the world she loves, it won't ever be the way it was.

All you could do was look at him. You still loved him with your whole being, but you also despised him so much.

And his heart of stone left hers breaking.

"I'll never hurt you ever again," he said. You felt the tears come back. You tried to speak, but all you could do was choke on your words, so instead, you just hugged him.

Every night she cries, and dies a little more each time, say you love me.

He left the embrace and led you back to his room. "Your tears made my shirt filthy," he said jokingly. You laughed.

Nothing left inside, say you love me, and the silence will set her free.

"There's that smile."

Every night she cries.

"Don't stop smiling. I hated seeing and hearing you cry."

Every night she cries.

You nodded. "Okay, Levi." You leaned against him. "Levi?" "Yes, ____?" "I... uh... I love you."

And the silence will set her free.

"I love you, too."