Chapter 3

Night is approaching...

     Leanna looked around at the other people in her sleeping group at the cabin. There was William, Emely, and Stella. They all sat around the campfire in front and were roasting marshmallows.

     "Let's tell some SPOOKY stories, " suggested William. Leanna glanced at her marshmallow and saw that it was half burnt.

     "AND I OOP-" She yanked her stick away from the campfire. She didn't pay attention to the rest of the group as she hated the boys. They once played a really mean prank on her last year that she wasn't ready to forget just yet.

     "I need to go use the bathroom. I'll be back in a bit!" she heard Daniel dismiss. Leanna watched him walk away as she grabbed a new marshmallow from the bag.

     Charles was sitting at the tents. "Okay, okay, tomorrow we HAVE to go swimming in the lake," Charles said. He could already imagine all the fun he would be having on this school trip. "If we don't, I'm gonna SWIM AWAY."

     "Jeez, we will. But we need to ask Daniel first, he's the one that's in charge." responded Joyce. Charles looked at her rummaging through her bookbag. "Where's my water bottle?"

     He handed Joyce his lantern. "Boiiii, use this." Joyce took it from him and looked for her water.

     Charles zoned out as he looked at the forest around them. Geez laweezzz, it was dark!

     "O. M. G. It is so DARK out here. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEE!" he shrieked. Noah, the emo older boy, just rolled his eyes. Charles sometimes hated Negative Noah. He was always the one to cancel on coming to his parties. But Noah was wayyy smarter than him and always made good decisions.

     Suddenly, Charles heard a LOUD GROWL coming from the green tent. "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" They were all gonna die!!

     "Calm down," said Joyce, "It's just Jacob sleeping in there."

     "He's snores like a BEARRR! Someone go wa-

     Everyone turned toward the sound of a stick snapping in the woods. What-who- IZZ that, thought Charles. Even without his contacts in, he could tell that a person was heading toward them. He clutched his lantern back from Joyce. It was a man, in a PRISONERS' OUTFIT heading toward them. He had on a creepy stalker's Halloween mask on and had a-

     K

     N

     I

     F

     E

      IN HIS HAND.

     "RUN," Noah ordered.