Chapter 15

The masked killer was on a rock directly across from them. Noah gasped. The killer from the night of the attack! He still had on the prisoner's clothes and the disturbing mask. There was a bridge connecting the two platforms.

     "It's him! The murderer!" Joyce exclaimed. She was hobbling on one foot, because her broken one hurt whenever she put it down.

     Stella said, "Why are you doing this to us! :("

     Suddenly, the killer spoke up. Emely jumped. "Do you know who I am?"

      This time, Park Ranger Daniel responded. "Wait a minute... You're Zach Nolan!" Joyce was amazed. ZACH NOLAN?! He's the killer I read about on the day before the field trip! He's the one that killed a whole family! We're all dead. He's going to KILL us! "People say you're the reason Specky Woods was left haunted."

     Zach Nolan flashed them a spine-chilling grin. "That's... true. But there's also something else. Campers, look closely. Do you realize anything?"

     Leanna squinted her eyes and tried to find any clue to what he was talking about. The killer wasn't making any sense. How could they possibly know him?

     But then, Zach Nolan took off his mask. IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS?!  Noah felt like he was gonna faint. He saw Joyce turn pale and start to shake. Stella looked nauseous. It was Mr. N, their teacher. The same teacher who had planned the whole trip, and also happened to have the name Zeke Nolan. N for NOLAN! He must've changed his name after going to jail!

     After Noah thought about it a little more, there was something always different about their teacher. He would be totally normal most days and teach them about the outdoors, but never about how to survive the outdoors. For Noah's class, he was always kinder to them, while in the others, they had tests every other day. Sometimes, he would even ask Noah to stay after and talk to him, though Noah always said no and told him he needed to go to his next class.

     "M-Mr. N?" Leanna stammered.

     The killer smirked. "That's right. I'm the man who killed a family of 5 in Specky Woods, and now I'm coming to kill you." Zach Nolan ran to their platform-rock. Emely panicked and tried to back up, but she just smacked into Daniel. WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! This is the end. Why didn't they EVER notice something off about their teacher and his trip?!

     But before he could make it across, a dark demon appeared out of nowhere on the bridge! He had a bloody smile and yellow teeth, with made it look like he hadn't brushed his teeth in years. Noah saw that he had white eyes that shone even in the darkness.

     "Not the whole family," the mysterious demon remarked.

     The masked killer, Zach Nolan, yelled, "NO!!! The son!" The SON! The only one who didn't get killed by Zach Nolan! He's gonna save us!

     The Son took out a knife. Everybody looked away. Joyce didn't want to see another dead body this weekend. Noah could hear the gruesome sound of breaking bones. Crunch, crunch. Emely winced.

    "I'm free!!!!!" the Son said, slowly disappearing. Where had he gone? Was he a ghost? They all unwillingly turned back around. Zach Nolan was on the floor of the bridge, with his head separated from his body. WHAT DO WE DO?!

    Camping.

To be continued?