Separated

October tenth, years ago in the village of Konoha...The night of the Nine Tails attack...

Minato's POV

"Sarutobi, please take Ayumi to Suna. This will help the other jinchuuriki and also the Akatsuki will have a harder time finding the Nine Tails of they are separated. "

"Take care of my babies Sarutobi. Make sure they are never alone and that they are treated right" My wife says with chains coming out of her back with tears streaming down her face while holding the newborn twins.

"Don't worry about them Kushina, Minato. I'll do my best to protect them and care for them. Of course, I will talk to the Kazekage about Ayumi living in Suna." Answers Sarutobi as Kushina hands over the twins.

"Another favor Sarutobi, since we are not going to make it please don't tell them they have a twin. They will end up looking for each other and getting into trouble. If they ever come across each other, let them talk and let them find out by themselves." I say as I hold Kushina in my arms.

"Of course," Says Sarutobi with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry my babies. I'm sorry I can't be there with you. I love you two so much" Kushina says as she cries and holds the twins for the last time.

Kushina gives back the twins to Sarutobi. She looks at me and I see her tears of sadness run down her puffy cheeks. As I wipe them off I give her kiss and hug her until we both fall to the grass, both dead.

"I can't believe it. They're gone. It seems like just yesterday Minato was training with Jiraya. Now he was Hokage, with a wife, and with twins. Unbelievable. I'm going to miss them so much." Sarutobi thinks to himself as a tear rolls down his cheeks and lands on baby Ayumi's cheek.

*****

Eight years later in Suna...

Ayumi's POV

"HEY! You tomato head get back here!" A Shinobi screams as he chases after Ayumi.

"Oh come one I just borrowed a book from the library"

"Yeah without a library card. You stole it!"

"I'll give it back soon. Once I've finished it"

"Why are you even reading it? Go on and play with another tomato your age"

Hearing those words.. *Go on and play with another tomato your age* I froze. I stopped running. Was there another redhead kid like me? I need to find out now.

"Ha! Gotcha you tomato. I'm gonna take you to the Kazekage now you trouble maker"

"Wait, Sir. There's another redhead kid here in Suna?"

"Yeah. His name is Gaara"

"Ok, thanks, sir. See ya!" I say as I smirk and escape from the Shinobi holding me. I run fast away from making it very difficult for him to catch me. I jump up to roofs and run on top of them. Soon I lose sight of the Shinobi, I stop running. I find this alleyway, dark but I see something red in the far distance.

I soon realize and its the redhead. The one the Shinobi was talking about. I go up to him to introduce myself, but I got this weird chakra from him.

"Hey, are you Gaara?"

"Yeah what do you want?" He says sternly.

" My name's Ayumi. Well, I was wondering if you want to play or read or do whatever.?" I ask shyly

"No, I'm good. I have to get ready for the academy. I'm going to be starting there soon." He answers.

"Oh no me too. I should get going, I also need to get my things ready. I'll see you later then Gaara, bye" I say as I start to leave the alleyway.

"Wait"

I turn around.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" He says slanting his head a bit.

"Because there isn't anything I should be scared of"

"Ok, see you later, Ayumi"

"Bye Gaara," I say as jumping yet again on the roofs of buildings.

The wind in my hair as I'm running is something I always liked. Since I was very fast for my age, there was always a lot of wind in my red, long, flowy hair. Entering the academy is something I always looked forward to. Being a strong and fast Kunioichi are two of my goals. Being at the academy will give me the opportunity to be that. Not only that but also studying about EVERYTHING and reading, going to class will be so much fun.

***

Timeskip to the first day of Ninja Academy

For my first day of the academy, I wanted to wear a dress the Kazekage gave to me when I was little. I love that dress because it looks like a dress Lady Kushina wore. The dress is a tan and black dress. It also came with some black knee-high socks. My red long hair complemented the dress very well. Before stepping out of my apartment, I look into a mirror.

"I think I'm ready." I think to myself as I get my things and leave my apartment.

As I enter the academy I see this Sensei. He has a cloth on one side of his face, covering his left eye. He also has some purple markings under his left eye. He looks very stern, strict, harsh. I just hope he is a good sensei. I snap out of my thoughts to see him, talking to me.

"What's your name?" He asks

"Hi, my name is Ayumi Uzumaki."

Hello Ayumi, I'm going to be your Sensei Baki this year. Go sit over there next to the boy with brown hair and purple paint on his face."

"Ok, thank you Sensei," I reply as I walk up the steps to sit next to the boy. I later find out his name is Kankuro.

The class then starts. Baki seems like a good teacher, but I don't know about the students. I can hear some of them whispering. I think they are saying tomato, to me. I decided I am going to ignore them and focus more on what Baki is saying. What I didn't know about that, is the next four years are going to be exactly like that.

Hey guys. Thank you so much for reading the first official chapter of lost! Sorry if it was short but in this chapter, I just wanted to explain why they are separated at birth and the night they were born. I also wanted to explain a little bit about how Ayumi grew up in Suna and how she met Gaara. The next few chapters will be longer. Thxs again.