New Year

"I want." I mumble, grabbing the top button of Sarah's shirt.

"If you have suckies now you'll fall asleep before the ball drop." She reminds me.

"That's an hour ahead anyway. I'll wake up before the Chicago count down."

"I doubt it but okay." She helps me undo the rest of her buttons and I move my head to rest on the pillow on her lap. "Its good Dave is coming home tomorrow."

"Mhmm." I mumble but keep my lips around her left nipple.

"Lily said they know where uh.. he is." I stay silent.

My truck was found the day after Christmas. My dad had taken it and made it all the way to Tennessee with it. After he reached there he left it in some ditch then stole another car. He's going to West Virginia, I know it.

"Virginia." I sigh then sit up.

"How'd you know?" Her brow stretches up.

I ignore her question and get up to grab the bowl of popcorn. "Do you think we should move?" I chomp on a handful of the buttery snack.

"He doesnt know where I live. Plus he wont be back in this area." She starts to button her top.

"No." I undo it. "Will you just leave it open?"

I feel so little and hopless. Ive had nothing for so long and now I have Sarah. The catch is that my dad turns back up in my life? Why? I want so bad to be happy with her but so much, so much just feels like weight on our shoulers. When I feel like this all I want is Sarah and I want her to hold me, love me, just us, skin to skin.

I move to strattle her and run my fingers down her chest. "But like, what if we go to like Florida or something?"

"You'd want to move to Florida?" Her eyes widen.

"Your family lives there and I dont have family, except for Paula and Dave, but I liked being down there. Your mom and sister are great, I didn't get to meet your dad but-"

"This isnt about me though, sweet girl." She holds my cheek in her hand.

"I know, its about both of us. I want to feel safe and I do anywhere with you but I know you miss them." I sigh. "So why not?"

"How about we just think on it for a bit?"

"Yeah." I sigh. "And the therapy." I recall Lily's advice.

"You can start with one here for the time being and if we move, well find a new one, no big deal."

"Yeah." I turn my head away from her.

"Come here sweet baby girl." She pulls my face towards hers and pecks my lips a few times. "We're gonna get through this okay?"

"Mhmm." I clasp our hamds together. We stayed there for a while, just holding each other.

"Oh here we go!" I hear the news reporter on the tv shout. "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Happy New Year!"

"Happy New Year, Princess." Her smile is full of so much hope, hope for this new year. Maybe a new start?

"Happy New Year, Sarah."

~~~~~~~~
I know its shit I'm sorry. My life is actully falling apart so that's that. Please comment and lwt me know what you think!