Chapter 21: The Lousy Truth

It felt like almost every thing was falling apart in my life. My best friends boyfriend was abusing me, I'm pregnant, and my other best friend hates me. If I didn't have Adam in my life, I don't know where I would be. I haven't told anyone for about a week. Justin's abuse has been going on for that long. He is not just a weirdo, hes a phsyco path. One that belongs in jail. He is abusing me and practically trying to kill me. The worst part is, I have to act like I like him around Adam, Reese, and Anna. I also had to make the excuse on why I had a black eye. It was just because of Justin. There is no way I'm not going o fight like hell when Justin tries a move. I have enough. It was time to tell Adam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam's POV:

      I was in the bed on my iPhone with Maddi snuggled against me as I had one arm around me. She looked so adorable asleep. I opened my new message and saw practically a book Maddi typed me. It read,

     "Adam. I don't know how you're going to react to this, so I decided to tell you through text. All I wanna say before I start is please don't leave me. Way to sound desperate I know. Also, before you start or read any further, look at my wrists."

     I slowly looked down. My head was throbbing in fear as I moved the covers away from her hands. I grabbed her tiny hands compared to mine and saw tons of cuts. There was no mistaking it was self-harm. I gaped at it and frantically looked back to the phone.

     "Yeah, I know? Crazy right? I feel like it is the only way to deal with my crazy life. With the baby and every thing and the main thing, Justin. See that black eye? I didn't accidentally fall on a tooth paste cap. Justin it me for trying to fight as he tried to kiss me and touch me. I think he is trying to kill the baby too. He has punched me where the baby is, and I'm so scared Adam. Please help me. I'm desperate. Call the cops."

     I started to cry. I just couldn't help it. The fact that my girl friend, who I love more then anything is cutting and being abused my some other boy and that my child may be dead just kills me on the inside. I didn't know what to do, but I was going to take care of Justin for good. Uncertainly I can't just 'call the cops'. I need proof.

     "A-Adam?" Maddi looked at me trying to wake up.

      l looked at her and wiped my eyes and sucked in.

     "Why are you crying?!" Her face filled with worry as the tears streamed down her face.

     "I'm going to take care of this." I said.

     "Oh..." She knew what I was talking about.

     "First, we need to get you to a doctor." I said.

     Maddi's eyes widened and she looked down.

     "What is it?" I asked.

     "No-nothing."

     "You're afraid of the doctor aren't you?"

     "Maybe..."

     "Well, I'm right here."

     I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She smiled at me as her eyes filled with hope.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maddi's POV:

     Me and Adam were on our way to the doctor's and no one talked at all. Luckily Justin or Reese weren't in the house. We pulled in and walked in. Me and Adam walked up to the front.