Chapter 28: Date Gone Wrong

Today would be the day that me and Adam would go out in public and just hang out. I was standing in front of the mirror putting on my make-up. I was wearing a grey V-neck with frills on it, and a floral print short Hollister skirt. I never dressed like this so it was so weird for me.

     "Why do you like to cover up natural beauty?" Adams voice made me jump.

     "Shut up!" I laughed.

     He just smirked and left the bathroom for me to continue. I should really start getting ready with the door shut! I walked out of the bathroom and went down stairs to find Adam sitting on the couch on his iPhone.

     "Are you never not on the thing?" I joked.

     "Nope. It's my baby. Well, my second baby." He said wrapping his arm around me.

     I just blushed and smiled at his cheesy compliment.

     "You look really good today!" I complimented him.

     "As do you!" He smiled back.

     He grabbed my hand and we walked out the door to the car. He even opened the door for me to get in. Adam is too nice for his own good some times!

     "So where are we going?" I asked.

     "Well, I was thinking we could just walk around the park. You know, just hang out?" He said.

     "Sounds good!" I said back.

     After about 15 minutes, we arrived at the park.

     "Are you sure us being here won't start a riot?" I asked before getting out.

     "Maybe, but who cares? We don't need other people or their thoughts." Adam said.

     "True, true." I smiled and opened my door to get out.

     Adam and I both got out and started walking. He grabbed my hand and we started down the nature trail.

     "Nature is so beautiful some times." Adam said looking all around.

     "Even when people pollute it." I said.

     He just laughed and we kept walking. After we walked for a bit, we got a few stares and I think someone was following us.

     "Umm, I think we got a follower!" I whispered and pointed with my eyes to behind us.

     Adam casually looked back and the rolled his eyes. It was some paparazzi with cameras.

     "I'm never going to be mean to them, but it's like some times I can never get a break, you know?" He said.

     "Oh trust me, I know. It's not like they never leave me alone either." I said.

     Adam opened his mouth to respond, but not before we were interrupted by some one screaming at us and camera flashes.

     "Lambert, is it true that you got your girlfriend pregnant?" One paparazzi asked.

    I just ignored then and put my hand up to block the flashes.

     "How about you Brown? Where is your baby bump?" The same pap asked.

     "We all know you had one, what happened to it?" Another one asked.

     "Adam didn't force you to kill it, did he?" Another one asked.

     I stopped right in my tracks, jerking Adam back. I dropped my jaw and looked the pap right in the eye.

     "You don't even know the half of what happened to our child! Adam would never make me do something like that, you bastard!" I yelled at him.

     I felt Adam's hand nudge me telling me 'no and to move on', so I just glared at him and started to walk away.

     "What a total bitch!" I heard him say under his breath as we walked away.

     "That's it!" I heard Adam say.

     Next thing I know, he turned around a punched the paparazzi in the face so hard that it made him fall to the ground.

     "Don't ever say that about my girl friend!" He threatened.

     "Not my fault she can't keep a baby." He smiled devilishly as his nose bled.

     I knew exactly what he was doing. He was provoking Adam into hitting him again so Adam would have to go to jail.

     I saw Adam swing back, but I grabbed the back of his arm.

    "Adam, stop!!" I yelled.

     "Get off me!" Adam yelled, and pushed me back off of him causing me to fall into the ground.

     He proceeded to punch the paparazzi again in the face. The pap's got what they wanted. Adam knocked him so hard that he passed out and all the other pap's were taking pictures like crazy of what Adam did to me and to the pap.

     "A-Adam.." I choked out, still on the ground.

     "Maddi, I don't know what to do or say right now. I'm so angry, I can't think." Adam said looking at the ground with clenched fists.

     I watched as the other paparazzi'a cleared out and ran away. Slowly I got up and walked towards Adam. I put my hand in the shoulder and opened my mouth to speak.

     "Don't touch me!" Adam grabbed my hand it threw it off him.

     "Adam, I know you're mad, but listen..." I said putting my hand back on his shoulder.

     "I said not to touch me!! Get away from me..." He said shrugging my hand off.

     "Wha-what?" I asked, shocked.

     "Did you not hear me the first two times?!" He yelled.

     "Adam, please don't yell. You know I can't take yelling."

     "GO AWAY!!"

      I took off running into the woods. I didn't know where I was going, or did I care. Some where along the way, I lost my shoes. I was running bare-footed as fast as I could, crying my eyes out. I kept running, pushing stray branches and thorns out of the way. Still, getting scratched all over. I kept running until my feet gave out and I fell onto the ground crying and shaking. This felt a lot like Twilight: New Moon. Except he didn't leave me, I left him.

     How could he do that to me? I know he was just trying to defend me, but he should of never punched that paparazzi, pushed me to the ground, or yelled at me. I decided I'd better get up and look at myself.

     I was a complete mess. My shirt was torn, my feet were bleeding, and I had cuts on my arms and legs from thorns. I tried to look around, but my vision was blurry with tears. I wiped away my tears and tried to stop crying. Quickly, I fell into a state of panic when I realized I had no idea where I was. I tried to get up and run, but my legs were no use. I got up, and fell right to the ground again. I hit my head on the way down from my fall. I tried to look around, but the darkness was closing too fast. I tried to scream out for Adam, but my throat was frozen shut. I tried to get up and move, but it was too late