Chapter 15: Count On Me

I woke up all sprawled across the bed. I looked over and saw Adam laying on his stomach half hanging off the bed. He was so adorable asleep. I smiled at him and sat up. I held my head as it ached a little because I sat up too fast without waking up enough. I slid over to Adam to make sure he was asleep. I looked over his shoulder and saw that he was. Not wanting to wake him, I kissed him on the cheek, ran my fingers through his fallen quiff, got up, got dressed, and went out to the living room. I saw Reese on her iPod sipping on some star bucks.

     "None for me?" I asked.

     "Counter." She pointed behind her to the counter.

     "Yess! Thanks!" I said as I grabbed my chocolate latte.

     "Mhmmm."

     I walked over and sat down next to her.

     "Where's Anna?" I asked.

     "Work." She replied never taking her eyes off her iPod.

     "I see. When will she be back?"

     "Around 6. Have you been noticing her acting different lately?"

     "Well, I haven't been here for months, so no. How is she acting weird?"

     "She's late from work, she shortens all off her sentences, she hides out in her room, she's listening to weird music, and dressing differently."

     "Weird music?"

     "Like the kind you like."

    "So screamo?"

     "Yeah, it's weird."

     "Everyone has different tastes."

     "But not out of no where."

     I just shrugged and laid back as I turned on the TV and sipped my latte.

     "Aye, look!" I said nudging Reese as I pointed to the TV.

     She jolted because I guess I scared her. Then when she looked up, she screamed and smiled putting away her iPod. Then we both stood up looking at each other singing as it came on,

     "Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,

Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait..."

     We danced around the room going crazy as we sang along with it.

     "The Earth began to cool,

The autotrophs began to drool,

Neanderthals developed tools,

We built a wall (we built the pyramids),

Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,

That all started with the big bang! BANG!"

     We fell back on to the couch laughing.

     "Ohhhh, how I missed this!" I said in between laughs.

     "Same here!" She said laughing.

     Then we just finished the episode of The Big Bang Theory in silence not wanting to miss any off it. After we laughed hysterically and joked, it ended.

     "Damn it! It's not coming on until late tonight!" I said sad.

     "Looks like we will have to stay up late! You know Anna is going to be mad when she figures out we watched it without her." Reese said.