Chapter 3: Shocking News

"Hey Maddilyne! I'm doing fine. I've been dying to hear from you!" Adams text said.

"Sorry, I've just been kind of busy. Just probably not as busy as you!" I texted back.

"So, enough of this boring adult talk lets talk about something fun!"

"Hmm, 21 questions?"

"Okay, I'll start. When is your birthday?" Adam started. And I was noticing he was still calling me Maddilyne.

"October 11th. I'm 19. What is your full name?"

"Adam Mitchel Lambert, 24, close to 25 though. How big is your family?"

      "Hmmm...older," I thought to myself

"I'm a family of 5. What are your favorite things to do?"

"Well, of course sing. And meet my fans. And my favorite of all, shop!"

I liked Adam. He was funny. We kept on doing this all night and went way passed 21 questions. He just kept joking with me and making me laugh, and we got to know each other in one night. The next night, he called me. I was sitting down stairs when my phone rang, then I grabbed it, ran upstairs and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey! Maddilyne! It's Adam, and I was wondering, would you like to hang out tomorrow? You know, you could come to my place and I could show you the tour bus." Adam said.

I sat there in silence, and thought about it. Was he really some one I wanted to get involved with? Theres only one way to find out.

"Uhhh, yeah! Sure! I'm off work. Where do you live?" I asked biting my lip.

He told me where he lived and he hoped to see me there then hung up. I laid down on my bed and looked up at the ceiling with the phone still in my hand. Then I sprung up, and ran to my closet. What am I going to wear? What am I going to say? What am I going to do? All these thoughts ran through my head as I panicked. I was sitting in my walk-in closet breathing heavily.

"Maddi? Are you okay?" I heard Anna say.

I stood up really fast and walked over to her.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Hey tomorrow night, around 7:00PM I'm going out. Okay?"

"What!? Where? With who? Tell me tell me!!" Anna squealed.

"Don't worry about it. It's no one important." I said.

"Well, I got something important. We got our acceptance letter back from Auburn today." Anna said.

My heart felt like it dropped into my stomach. Reese and Anna have always wanted to go the that collage, and I just applied because we promised we would stay together. It felt like I swallowed a baseball as I held mine in my hands.

"Reese get out here! It's something important!" Anna yelled.

Reese came in followed by Justin and they both sat down on my bed as me and Anna stood I front of them.

"Here. It's our letters." Anna said as she handed Reese hers. We were all waiting to open them together.

"Ready, 1...2...3!!" Reese said tearing into hers.

We each tore into our letter and Justin sat there looking over Reese's shoulder.

"Yes!" Yelled Reese.

"I got in!" I yelled.

But Anna just stood there with a blank expression on her face as she stared at the letter. I ripped it out of her hands in worry and read it aloud.

"Dear Anna-Marie Flynn, we regret to inform you, that you did not meet the criteria of Auburn University." I said then paused. "Anna I'm so sorry. It's only a year! Remember?" We were going to Auburn together to finish up our last year together. We all went to different collages for 3 years and it was our last year, so we moved in and were going to go to Auburn together.

"It's whatever." Anna said. Then she grabbed the letter back and ran out with her hands of her face.

I looked back over to Reese and Justin who were sitting on my floral pink bed-spread in shock.

"Well now what?" Reese said.

"Just give her time to be alone. But I will have to do some thinking." I said.

"Are me and you going to go?" Reese asked.

"I don't know man. I'll talk it out with her tomorrow or something." I said shaking my head.

Reese nodded and slowly made her way out of my room as Justin followed.

I shut the door and locked it and started to cry. When there is too much going on for me to handle, I just cry. Then I heard my phone go off. It was Adam calling.

"Hello?" I tried to choke out sounding as okay as I could.

"Hey. Maddilyne? Are you okay? Is everything alright?" Adam asked.

"Yeah, it's just there is a lot going on." I said in a shaky voice.

"Well talk to me babe." Adam said. Babe? Did he just call me babe? Is he hinting? Whatever, I just went with it and told him everything that happened.

"Maddilyne," he said in a low comforting voice "it will be alright. I promise you. If you think going to that college is what you need to do, then do it."

"Thank you Adam." I said. And we continued to talk and laugh. There was nothing I loved more then the sound of his laugh. Sometimes I would just tell a joke, just to hear his laugh. But boy did he make me laugh. Everything about this man I loved. He was perfect.