chapter 36:Forest of Doom

(1 hour after depart from Osura)

Shin have been flying for almost one hour,and still hasn't reached the forest.Even the nearby town hasn't shown up in my map indicator.

"Don't you think we had lost..?"(Shin)

"No,according to our map,the forest should be..."(Nex)

"Should be where?"(Shin)

".....below us."(Nex)

"Huh?"(Shin)

At the same time,a black fog appear out of nowhere.

"W-what the hell is this!?"(Shin)

"It seem that this black fog is the one that interrupt our radar."(Nex)

"No,I mean....whatever,Nex,scan this fog."(Shin)

"Understood"(Nex)

In a second,Nex showed him the result.

"Apparently,this fog is emitted by the Forest of Doom itself.It contain a large amount of dark magic particle and can interrupt magic.In other word,this fog seem to contain anti-magic particle."(Nex)

"So you mean,magic can't be casted inside this fog."(Shin)

"That's true."(Nex)

"But didn't Thomas said that we need a priest here....priest also do magic right?"(Shin)

"Priest had the [Dispel] magic,a kind of holy magic that can also create a barrier from this fog.Mage can cast their magic inside it."(Nex)

"Wow....you really has a knowledge of this world."(Shin)

"By the way,master,we had some problem."(Nex)

"What?"(Shin)

Then Shin realize something,didn't they are somehow.....slowing down?

"A small amount of fog has entered the <Jet Thruster>.Magic Core output has been down.It was a matter of time before the core to force shut down."(Nex)

"So we need to land now.Lets go."(Shin)

He lower his altitude slowly,and finally grasped the whole forest from above.It was a large,pitch black,while the other side was a normal green forest.

"This place is huge.Lets land at the green side."(Shin)

---------------------

So,I have been staring at the Forest of Doom for a long time.Not that long,about few minutes after we land.

It was pitch black.The place I land apparently was other forest that surround the Forest of Doom.There was also a big difference of trees in front of my eyes.

The Forest of Doom emitted a black fog from the soil itself,and the trees are dead.The soil were also black.I have a feeling like entering a place that have high concentrated radiation.No,it feel like the forest itself wanna eat me.

"Does he fog has poison?"(Shin)

"Fortunately,not.It is safe."(Nex)

"Good."(Shin)

According to Thomas,the Forest of Doom is like a dungeon.Many years ago,it appear itself on this land.Many said it appear because there was some necromancer doing dark magic experiment here,but the magic failed,and explosion occurred,destroying the land and turn it into this forest.

I walked inside the forest,the fog did interrupt my sight too.So I have been using a flashlight.

Not a flashlight,it just a orb with light magic inserted in it.With a simple twitching on the magic circuit,I can make it like a flashlight.