Chapter 7

Roooaaaarrrr!!!!

When picking the herbal leaves for my quest,suddenly a huge roar breaks the silentness.

"What was that!?"(Greg)

"It looks like the beast has know its place being invaded."(Vita)

"Wh....what should we do now?"(Nisa)

Our quest,was picking the herbal leaves called Frem leaves.It was a C-rank quest and had a lot of bounty because it is said that this leaves grows inside monster den.This leaves could make into a high-grade potion and can heal injures only by wrapping it.

"We need to run now!Alice!"(Vita)

I picked the remaining Frem leaves before starting to move away.

"Yes!I'm coming!"

That was when a sudden wind blows us up into the nearby tree.

"Woaaahhhh!"(Vita)

"Th.....this is!"(Greg)

A large monster with a tail of a cobra,a face of tiger but a body of lion.A combination of three C-class monster.Its teeth reimburse an amount of white foam and drooling when looking at us.Its  red eyes had the eyes of a predator.

"Its a B-class Chimera!"(Greg)

A chimera,the B-class mythical monster that said is one of monster that could use magic.It said that once a chimera have destroy half of a city long ago and hundred of soldiers died in its hands.

"We need to evacuate now!"(Vita)

"They said a chimera fang could make a bountiful money."(Greg)

"What are you saying now,Greg!"(Vita)

"Are you saying you could beat it here?"(Nisa)

"If we doesn't try it,we would never know!Beside this chimera looks smaller than the actual size.Maybe its still in they puberty."(Greg)

"Wait!Dont do it!Greg!"

Greg picked up his sword and shield.

"<Physical Enhancement>!<Armor enhancement>!"(Greg)

He dashes out to the chimera,swinging his sword.In defensive position where his shield were held in front while his sword in the back.

The chimera who was enraged by Greg sudden action swings his cobra tail towards him.Greg blocked it using his shield and found and opening.

"There!<Sword Cut>!"(Greg)

His sword tried to pierce through the chimera body,but was deflected.A magic barrier could be seen envelope the body of chimera.Its groan and starts attacking Greg with its claws.

"Damn it!!"(Greg)

"<Water shield>!"(Nisa)

Splaassshhhhhh!!

Greg who was enveloped by water to defend the claw meets the shock.And gets blown off into the tree.

"Thank you,Nisa!What tremendous power it have..."(Greg)

He was trying to stand up while holding his sword.

"You can't fight anymore.We need to retreat."(Nisa)

"Just a little more...."(Greg)

"Look at your sword,dumbass."(Vita)

Greg finally realize his sword has become crumbles due to the shock of chimera's magic barrier.His shield condition also in bad shape.

"Tch!Let's go!Everyone!"(Greg)

I picked up my staff and bag filled with Frem leaves to follow them.While running my feet suddenly tramples on a branch and fell heads on.

"Oh no!Alice!"(Vita)

A tremendous magic power can be sensed behind my back,no,from the chimera.Its gathering up magic power from its mouth.

"Everyone,please run!"(Alice)

"No can do!We can't leave you here!"(Vita)

"Just leave me be!You would caught by the fire!"(Alice)

Finally the chimera released the series of breath from its mouth.The blast came closer and closer to me who still stuck at tree branch.

Is this my end?

"Alice!!"(Vita)

I closed my eyes to receive the impact.But nothing happens.

"What...?"(Alice)

A man...no a boy was standing in front of me.He was wearing unusual black clothes with his back towards me.

"I see....I see.So this is chimera huh?Look different from what I imagine it to be."

"Umm.....Who are you?What happened?"(Alice)

"Me?Ah!My name Shin!Please to meet you."(shin)