↳ CHAPTER FOURTEEN

WOMAN OF ACTION — that was how Freja preferred to see herself, always one to go after the things she desired, hasty to throw a flimsy plan together and barely follow it anyway, but right now, she was succumbing to the temptation of good old p...

WOMAN OF ACTION — that was how Freja preferred to see herself, always one to go after the things she desired, hasty to throw a flimsy plan together and barely follow it anyway, but right now, she was succumbing to the temptation of good old procrastination with her head trying to stay on top of her heart. She was proud of her ability to adjust and be spontaneous, but that was because she often relied on her instincts fully, trusted herself — this time around, she wasn't liking what her heart was telling her, so rather than facing the music, Freja hoped for the inconvenient feelings to stay right where she wanted them: buried and hidden.

The task in question was easier to take care of when Ravi was nowhere to be seen, even if only mildly — then again, one could claim that it was Freja's own fault for showing up at the morgue almost habitually by now, the smells and sights no longer swaying her like they had in the beginning. But, with the man upstairs to seek out Clive, it was safe for the Barrett to sit on one of the deserted tables with her short legs swinging through the eerie air and her earphones plugged into her phone while she waited for Elliot to arrive and pick her up.

Once the sight of Liv Moore rounded the corner, however, her attention was drawn away from the music she was quick to shut off while the corners of her mouth instinctively jumped high. "Hi, sorry, I'm always here now", the Barrett was already fumbling with her earphones and smoothing out her clothes as she made an awkward tumble off of the table, but with a hand ready in air, Liv was stopping her from leaving. "How was your date?" she continued then, following the Moore's lead towards the silver lockers even if she made sure to keep her distance from the bodies awaiting on the other side of the small doors — the bloom of a grin on Liv's lips confirmed her enthusiasm regarding all things Lowell, though.

"It was great. For the first time since Major, I really feel like I'm connecting with someone", Liv recalled with a hum, a lovestruck smile on her own mouth as she absentmindedly unlocked one of the latches and carefully drew out the tray hidden in. "And, as long as you stay your respectful self, you're always more than welcome here. Between the dead and Ravi, company can be a little meh", she continued, mostly joking, and accordingly, Freja snorted at both being called respectful and hearing Ravi dubbed as meh.

Lifting an eyebrow, Freja leaned against the closed metal lockers but wound up cringing at the gesture and standing straight again, all the while a quiet laugh rose from her throat. "Meh? I can't imagine that", she pointed out in Ravi's defense, her fond tone certainly not flying by Liv who looked up from the pad full of notes regarding the dead body Freja was completely ignoring.

With a clear of her throat, though, Liv was gaining all the focus again, and as if it was the most casual thing to do, she leaned against the tray on which the body rested and shrugged Freja's bewildered stare off with a mischievous smirk. "Actually, about that. I wouldn't usually be so straight-forward, I think, but I'm on the brain of this woman who gave out relationship advice for a living, so let me just say — it's not Blaine who you wanted to go on a date with, is it?" the Moore analyzed with an encouraging nod, and although Freja's cheeks were automatically reacting with heat, she managed to stifle out an amused laugh.