↳ CHAPTER FOUR

FINDING LIV'S APARTMENT turned out to be quite easy with Matilda behind the wheel and Freja staring at the navigation app on her phone, and sooner than later, the two were standing outside the Moore's front door, bickering about who was ...

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

FINDING LIV'S APARTMENT turned out to be quite easy with Matilda behind the wheel and Freja staring at the navigation app on her phone, and sooner than later, the two were standing outside the Moore's front door, bickering about who was to knock — storming into her home no longer seemed like such a fireproof idea, but Freja supposed that if faced with annoyance and confusion, she could blame their unexpected arrival on Ravi, as he had been the one to grant them with her address, after all.

Luckily, once Matilda had delivered a sturdy knock on the door and Liv answered within seconds, they were greeted with a bright, lively smile and Freja could sigh out in the relief of not having to throw her new friend under the bus. Tupperware first, she stepped indoors, handing the leftovers over to Liv before glancing around the cozy apartment, neatly furnished but surprisingly, adorned with an easel and the means to paint in the middle of the living room. "I hope we're not bothering. We stopped by the morgue but you weren't there so Ravi told us where to go. I just...", Freja drew in a deep breath as she twirled around and met Liv with a smile of her own, "wanted to bring you some leftovers from last night."

"Not at all!" Liv breathed out happily, something in her mood shifted significantly compared to yesterday. "I am so sorry I couldn't make it. I helped a detective solve a case so I had to cancel but this is just the sweetest thing. Thank you so much", she spoke sincerely, filled to the brim with emotion as she placed a gentle hand on Freja's shoulder and then floated into the kitchen with feather-light steps. Unsure what had caused the strange, almost poetic air, Freja glanced at Matilda, who was far too preoccupied reviewing the apartment to pay attention to her.

"Detective Babineaux, right? Clive?" Matilda called out to Liv, her attention drifting from the decorated walls to the blonde as she sealed the Tupperware into her fridge. Freja guessed that working at the precinct had given Matilda the luxury of staying on top of things by simply keeping her eyes and ears open, and Liv more or less confirmed it when she nodded in response. "He's nice. He had just transferred from Vice when I got my first murder case so he gave me some good tips. Did you know that a lot of the times, the spouse did it?" the Dean elaborated with a tone that was both terrified and fascinated, and whilst Freja's features twisted into something along the lines of horror, Liv seemed unfazed in the eerily calm smile she directed at Matilda.

"So he says", Liv chuckled, clearly having heard Clive's theory, as well. The amusement on her face dissolved eventually, her keen eyes gaining something new as she strode across the room to make her way to Freja, successfully leaving the latter unable to move as she followed Liv observe her like artwork, lips parted when she cupped both sides of her face with gentle, delicate hands. "You are so beautiful!" she gasped, eyebrows furrowed while her fingertips trailed Freja's jawline and her gaze picked apart every detail, from the long eyelashes to the soft lips, leaving the Barrett uncomfortably aware of every flaw and imperfection and that morning's lack of skincare routine. Liv didn't seem to mind, though, if anything she was more enthralled by the bumps and tiny scars left from her active childhood. "I must paint you, Freja. You wouldn't mind, would you?"