Chapter 26

The three ended up at a port. Luckily, they were still in mainland China and they did not end up on a random island somewhere in the ocean. Jake looked around and spotted two figures at the boardwalk, a couple of meters from the trio. They looked familiar.

Wait... Aren't those?

"Hey" Jake nudged Sherry's arm.

"Yeah?"

"Aren't those—" I point to the two at the boardwalk.

"Leon. Come on!" Sherry begins to head to where Leon was and Sapphire and Jake followed her. Sherry called out to Leon and they both turn to the three of ther. The older pair looked shocked to see them.

Leon turns his attention to Sherry,  "It's good to see that you're okay."

Jake felt Sapphire pull on my arm, making him turn his attention to his little sister, "Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"What is that?" Her hand points to somewhere and his eyes follow it.

Jake could see a thick, blue fog not too far from them.

Yeah, what the hell is that? Jake thought as he stared at it.

"Oh shit!" Leon swore. The three looked at Leon and his eyes were on the blue fog as well. "Run! And don't breath the fog in no matter what!"

They all ran down the stairs, onto the street, and saw the same blue cloud slowly closing in.

"Hey!" Someone calls out to them. It was a soldier. He was standing in front of a building. "Over here!" The five of them all ran towards him and he steps aside so we could get into the building.

The guy shuts the door and tells them to follow him upstairs since it was safer there. While they were heading upstairs, the glass window cracked and a bunch of zombified civilians came crawling in, attacking soldiers and civilians.

"Where did that fog come from?" Sherry asked as they ran.

"A missile landed on the city, that's what caused all this" The soldier says. They approached a hallway and there were more soldiers there. The soldiers were shooting down most of the monsters that were breaking in through the window.

"We have a ride straight ahead, it'll help us get through the city"

While they were making their way out, a bunch of infected civilians burst through the window next to Jake. One zombie pushed Jake to the ground and tried to bite his neck but he was able to hold it off by holding it's jaw.

"Jake!" Sapphire's voice was filled with worry.

Jake quickly kicked the zombie it off him and got up. He pulled out his gun from his holster and fired twice, the bullets hitting the zombie's head, making fade into air just like the others.

Jake placed his gun back in his holster and lightly pushed Sapphire, "Go!"

Jake followed behind her and they reached the exit, and there was the jeep parked down the stairs.

"Go! And don't look back!" Jake heard someone say. They looked behind and there were a bunch of J'avo's behind The soldier, wating to push out of the room to lunge at them. The soldier forcefully shuts the door and a click was heard.

"Over here! Hurry! The fog's closing in!" The soldier who was at the Jeep waves his hands at them. They went to the soldier and stepped inside the vehicle.

"This whole town's gone to hell" Leon comments as his eyes land on a zombie wandering down the road. He was looking through the window.

"We're heading to the twin towers, there's back up there and it'll be a lot safer for all of you."