Chapter 19

The two successfully got to the end of the river and Jake was able to get the raft attached to the dock. He got off first, offering Sherry his hand. "Worst boat ride since the titanic," He commented in a joking manner.

Sherry was about to hold onto his hand when that monster from earlier came back. The monster sawed the raft away from the port, making it float along the river.

Shit! What do I do? Jake's eyes followed the raft and saw that it was getting closer to the crashed chopper's rotors.

Panicking, he pulled out his gun. Jake was about to shoot the ugly monster when he saw something—someone pick Sherry up from the boat from the air. He couldn't make out what it was. The figure threw Sherry at Jake and landed a few meters behind the pair.

It was a woman. She had short hair. She was wearing a red top and black pants. She was wearing boots with high heels on.

Jake let Sherry on her feet and they both pulled out their guns and aimed it at the unknown woman. She straps something on her back and turns her attention to them.

"Is that how you say thank you?" Jake got a good look at her face. I know her. That voice, I heard that somewhere.

"Who are you?" Sherry asks. Jake thought that she was attempting to sound hostile but really, he found it adorable. Wait, what? No, no, now's not the time for that, Muller! He scolds himself and focuses his attention on the woman in front of them.

"Doesn't matter" The lady replies. Jake kept his eyes on her, trying to remember who she was.

And it clicked in his head.

"You" Jake pointed at her head with his gun, "You were the one who sold us those energy boosters."

"You got the wrong lady, Wesker Junior."

How did she—?

"I have my own ways of knowing things" She smirks at the young pair. "But don't worry—" She mimics a zipper on her mouth, "I won't tell anybody"

"Is there something you need, lady?" Jake ask, not taking his eyes off her. She was calm, too calm, and that's what scared Jake for some odd reason. You just never know what's going on in the minds of these people.

"No. But I think you need something from me"

"And what would that be?" Jake asked as he raise a brow at her.

"Sapphire." The lady points out in a matter-of-fact tone as she crosses her arms.

"You... you know where she is?"

"Jake, we can't trust her. We don't know her true intentions," Sherry speaks up, and Jake could tell from the tone of Sherry's voice that she did not trust the stranger, and Jake understand why. She had a point, but this is Sapphire we're talking about, and I'm willing to take any risk just to see her again.

"Oh, little Birkin, I'm not asking you to trust me. In fact, I think that's a wise move."

"How do you know who we are?" Jake asks again as he sets his gun down.

"Doesn't matter."

"Why do you want to help us?" Sherry asks as she puts her gun down as well.

"This isn't just for you. I get to have something in return as well. But don't worry, it won't involve harming any of you"

"Fine. We'll bite. Where's Sapphire?" Jake ask and she smirks. I hope we don't regret this.