Chapter 17

Jake shot the last J'avo in the head. Good riddance, I hate these fucking things. He looked up and saw Redfield, Piers, and the rest of their team looking down at them.

"Come on, we have to go. My boss says we have to avoid contact with anyone" Sherry pulled at Jake's arm.

"Does he know that Albert Wesker was my father?" Jake asks, not taking his eyes off of them.

"I don't know. Why?"

"Nothing" Jake tore his gaze from them and look down at Sherry, who was next to him, "But I'm not done with them yet." They were supposed to keep her safe.

Jake followed Sherry. They ended up at a run-down storage area. A place where those big shipments like cargos are usually placed. They were looking around when a plane crashed a couple of meters from them. The explosion destroying some of the shipments and the electricity posts around the area.

From a far, Sherry and Jake saw two people slightly limping as they walked. Sherry's eyes narrowed as she saw a familiar figure a couple of meters from where she stood with Jake.

"Leon?" Sherry calls out as she goes to them. Jake followed behind her.

The two turn to her, one guy was tall with long, blond-dyed hair that covers half his face and the other was a short girl with short brown hair that just sits above her shoulder.

"Sherry? What are you doing here?"

"I'm on protective detail" Sherry gestures to Jake, who looked weary of the two.

Leon glances at Jake for a moment before turning his attention back to Sherry. "Yeah... I heard you became an agent."

"What are you doing here?" Sherry asks.

"We're tracking the man behind all this, Chief Security Advisor Simmons"

Sherry glances at Jake for a moment, she was shocked. She looks back at Leon. "That... That's impossible, I work for Simmons"

"He's your supervisor?" Leon asks.

"We're on our way to meet with him right now"

"Where is he?" Leon sounded pissed. Sherry didn't answer. Her mouth was hung open.

Leon walks closer to her, "I need to know—"

"Hey!" Out of instinct, Jake pushes Leon away from Sherry, standing in front of her in a protective manner.

"Jake!" Sherry steps in front of him, placing two hands on his arm, telling him to calm down. Jake pulls her away from them.

"I thought your orders were to avoid contact?" He glares at the two of them, particularly at Leon. "With anyone?"

Sherry pulls her arm away from Jake, "Leon's not just anyone, he saved my life back in Raccoon City"

Jake look back at Leon, trusting Sherry on what she said. "Fair enough"

"Look out!" The lady points behind the younger pair. Jake looked behind him and saw something heading towards them. He quickly pushed Sherry out of the way, wrapping his arms around her as they both fell on the ground. Jake looks up and saw that big behemoth that's been pestering them back at Edonia. He got up and helped Sherry back on her feet.

"Well look who's back" He aimed his gun at the giant monster, his tone calm and cool.

"Friend of yours?" Jake heard Leon ask, the older man was next to him, Leon's gun aimed at the mosnter as well..

Jake scoffed, "More like an ex-girlfriend, guy doesn't know when to quit."

"Welcome to the club... You get used to it"