Chapter 24

- "So, if I understand correct you are not willing to withdraw right?" - Amy said.

- Just imagine yourself giving up Sonic.

- I can't even imagine that thing.

- Neither do I.

- So, what are we going to do now? If we continue like this, then we are screwed up in the first fight that we will have to deal with.

- I must propose something.

- What proposition is that Sally?

- We just let Sonic decide. After all we may both love him, but his heart belongs to him and only him.

- Seems fair.

- "Yeah." - Sally said and after she shook hands with Amy.

- Seems that we have a deal then. Even if I'm sure that Sonic will continue building our relationship even if it was at her very first steps just before he leaves.

- Only future will tell that us Amy. But allow me to be hopeful about my chances too. The only thing that I want from you is to make me a promise.

- What kind of promise?

- Until he returns, we just focus in our main goal. Like old times. Promise or not?

- Promise. And about...

- He will never learn something from me. I have understood that we must give second chances to people. But be careful Amy. Secrets never last for a long time.

At Tails tent...

- You are saying me that we are not gonna be together just because you remembered an old love of yours in another life? Tails have you lost your mind? I can understand that you are going through a lot after Eggman's victory, Sonic absence and Syrop loss but what about that words of love that you were telling me before all that? They were all just lies?

- No, they weren't lies believe me. It's just hard for me to explain right now.

- What is hard to be explained Tails, is the fact that I'm punished for no reason.

- Zooey, listen to me. I know that Sonic is gonna bring back Cosmo. I can feel it. And I know that my heart belongs to her. But you are an incredible person. And I don't want to lose you. Even as a friend.

- I thought that not only you have a brilliant brain but a brilliant heart too Tails. As it seems you don't even have one.

- Zooey...

- Leave me alone.

Zooey face was veiled from tears as she left from Tails tent.

A little bit later at Magenta Mount, just above from rebel's camp...

Sticks was sitting in the edge of a bluff with her foots hang in the air. Magenta Mount was her favorite place to relax as she could see a glimpse of sea from afar. As she was thinking about the jungle and how much did she miss it Princess Sally ended her thoughts sharply.

- You were right. This is a great spot Sticks. Mind if I join you?

- No problem at all. How the conversation with Amy have gone?

- Nothing that I or she didn't expect.

- She seemed pondering to me though.

- I'm sure it's nothing serious. The thought of losing him will have been the cause of that...it's something normal.

- I understand what are you speaking about...but do you?

- What are you implying Sticks?

- Answer me truly. If you lose him...what are you gonna do?

Princess Sally's face shaped a little smile until then, but it was suddenly gone after Stick's phrase.

- I have lost my parents. I have lost my Kingdom and nearly all its people. I'm not gonna lose the man of my life too.