Chapter 28

MASKY’S P.O.V.

Anabelle yells for my name and I turn to see her passed out on the ground, blood spilling from her body. I kick my father in the face and he falls to the ground. I kick him in the jaw and run over to Anabelle’s diamond. I grab it and sit on top of my father. I hold the diamond above my head and try to remember where to stab him.

“I don’t understand why you would come to kill me after all these years.”

“You were my worst nightmare and now I know that you deserve to die.” I stab the diamond into his heart as tears fall down my cheeks and as he dies I run to Anabelle and help Toby pick her up. She needs help fast. I pull the diamond out of my father’s chest and take it with us as we flee the house. We get into the car and Toby sits in the back with Anabelle. I drive to the nearest Motel 6 and get a room so that we can take care of Anabelle in a room. Toby lays her down on one of the beds watches her while I take out my phone and try to remember who lives over here.

“Toby, who lives around here?” I ask.

“I don’t know, call Hoodie. He should know.”

I call Hoodie and tell him what’s going on but only BEN is at home right now so he hands the phone to BEN.

“Sup?” BEN answers.

“Anabelle is in trouble and I need to know who lives around this area.”

“Dude are you calling me on a smart phone?”

I think for a second, “Yeah, why?”

“Dude, put the phone down and back up.”

Without even thinking I put the phone on the ground and back up. The next thing I know, BEN is coming out of the phone and stands next to me.

“So what’s up?” He says and I just point to the dying Anabelle on the bed. His expression changes to worry and then he looks at me, “I think I can bring Jack over here to stitch up everything but your phone might glitch out after that.”

“Just do it! I don’t know how much more blood she can lose.” I look over at her as BEN disappears back into the phone. It takes a good three minutes before I hear my phone buzzing like crazy and he comes back out of my phone with Jack.

“I heard that Anabelle needs some stitches.” He looks over at her and I can see him cringe, “Yeah she needs them. Toby move, I got this.”

Toby and I back up and he stitches up Anabelle’s wounds.

ANABELLE’S P.O.V.

Wandering in the darkness of your own mind is terrifying. It’s dark, empty, and all you can hear is people you love screaming your name. I hear so many voices in my head, they’re taking over. They keep telling me that my life is in danger. I’m so scared that the silence won’t come back. I really think this is my darkest hour. I wander around my own mind, seeing myself get shot down by Masky’s asshole of a dad. I see Masky killing him and carrying me to the car with Toby and that’s it. It’s really hard to breathe and I feel like my mind is getting darker as time goes on. I’m so cold. I walk around until something loud booms at me, “Is she getting up?”

“I dunno, I felt her shiver.”

Is that Masky and Jack? I yell for them, “Masky! Jack!”

After a moment I hear BEN say, “I think she just said ‘Masky.’”

I smile and begin to sprint and their voices get louder, so loud that I have to cover my ears and close my eyes but when I open them again, I’m not surrounded by the darkness and the voices aren’t there. I’m in a hotel room and Toby, Masky, BEN, and Jack surround me. I try to move barely an inch and pain goes through my body. I look down to find stitches and I smile a little. I run my hand over it and it heals, leaving a scar. I hug Toby and Jack, then BEN. Lastly I hug Masky. I cry a little, “I bled all over these sheets.”

Everyone laughs and then we get in the car and begin our drive home. BEN and Jack go home via cell phone but the rest of us drive. I sit in the back while Masky drives with Toby in the passenger seat. I slept most of the drive and before I knew it we were back home. It is about 3 in the afternoon but I am tired, I lost so much blood that night that I just need to rest. I throw myself in bed and fall asleep, at around 7am the next day, I woke up and slumped over to Masky’s room.

I knock on his door, “Masky, I want donuts.”

He was up quickly and opened the door, “I do too, let’s go.”