Chapter 11

On the drive to the restaurant we just sang along to the music that played on the radio because we’re that kind of couple. At dinner we just sat down and ate, we made fun of each other when we had food on our faces. We walk through the park, hand in hand, and it is pitch black outside. The dark doesn’t scare me anymore, when I was a kid it used to frighten me, even last year I didn’t want to go anywhere at night and a light always had to be on. But now, it’s almost more comforting than the day time. It’s the time when my whole household can come out and kill. “What’s your favorite part of the night?” I ask.

He just smiles, “I really like the stars.”

“I really like the moon.”

“Why is that?”

“It’s the main source of light in the night, it’s like a giant nightlight but instead of being comforting it’s creepy. It kinda calls to me. Is that weird?” I laugh.

“No, it’s probably the water element of your power. Water is controlled by the moon.”

I smile as we walk around for a while until we see two figures walking toward us. We move over to the side of the side walk and as we get closer to the figures we realize that they are two scary looking men. I tug on Masky’s jacket and whisper, “Masky, those guys look sketchy, we should go.” Masky and I turn to the forest and begin to walk faster. From behind I can hear one of the men say,

“Oh come on baby, leave that loser.”

I ignore them until one of them runs up behind me and grabs my arm forcing me to face him, “What?” I ask irritated.

“Whoa, no need to get snappy with me, Sexy. We were just wondering if you’d like to hang with us instead of that loser.” This man was tall and had nose ring in the middle of his nose. He had a face tattoo that was a four leaf clover on his eye.

I rip my arm away from him and turn around, “No thanks.” I say as I walk back to Masky.

“That wasn’t a yes or no question, you’re coming with us.” He grabs my arm again and tares me away from Masky. His friend runs over and takes my other arm. Masky runs over and punches the guy with the clover tattoo in the face so that he’ll let go of me. I kick the other in the balls and then push him on the ground. I put my foot on the friend’s neck and put pressure on it, “I said no.” I begin to put more and more pressure on his throat and I can see him squirm for air. Masky puts his hand on my shoulder and I release the pressure from my foot.  Masky and I try to walk away again but the tattoo guy runs up and jumps on Masky.

“Seriously, you guys have no idea who you’re dealing with.” Masky says as he kicks tattoo face off of him.

“We know that we’re dealing with two teens who want to die.” Says the friend as he gets up, holding his throat. I look at Masky and he nods at me. As the two men begin to charge at us I stomp on the ground causing vines to come up out of the ground and wrap around their legs. They stop in their tracks.

“I’ve been trying real hard to keep you two living,” I say as I run so fast it looks like I’m teleporting, “But you two just aren’t letting that happen,” I stop right behind them, “And sources tell me that you deserve to die.” I read their past, they’ve raped and murdered. They’ve robbed a couple of houses; yup they’re going down tonight. Masky stands up and walks over to the men, arms crosses with a smile on his face. I transform into my demon self and watch as they realize what’s going to happen. I see as they try to fight their way out of the vines. I laugh, “I’m going to make your death long and painful, just like the things you did to those girls! You made it long and painful so I’m here to repay that favor.” I have the vines slowly crunch their legs and once I hear the bones snap I lightly touch their fingers, making their hands catch on fire. They scream and I laugh, I can feel my sanity slipping. In an effort to save myself from going crazy, I throw a diamond into their chests to kill them quickly. Once they’re dead I can feel myself turning back to normal. I take the diamonds from their hearts and put them into my arm band, for safe travel as Masky and I run from the scene. We run into the forest, not caring who we run into as long as we get home. The bodies will be found in the morning, and then another investigation will be held. I doubt they’ll come into the forest though. On the run back a voice yells, “Stop! Put your hands up!” With a flashlight burning into our eyes. I recognize the voice; it is George the idiot police man who almost killed Masky. I grind my teeth, “What do you want?”

“We’re taking you in.” He says victoriously.

“Why? I’m off the wanted list and I’m the president’s personal agent now, I’m not allowed to go to prison or testing facilities unless he permits is. But I doubt he will because I saved him, killed an assassin, and a mafia, plus he knows I could take down the whole swat team in a blink of an eye.” I smile as his smile fades.

“That can’t be true.” He says.

“Call him, actually, no. I’ll call him I have him on speed dial.” My smile gets wider as I pull out my phone and call the president.

“Hello?” He says sleepily because the time difference where he is three hours ahead of ours.

“Hey sorry to call you in this late hour but one of your officers is trying to take me to a testing facility and I thought you got me off that list.” I say in an innocent voice.

“Oh, can I speak with him?”

“Sure.” I smile evilly as I hand the phone to George.

He holds it up to his ear hesitantly, “Hello?” I can’t hear what’s going on but I know that I’ve won this battle. He sighs as he hangs up the phone and gives it to me.

“You should have caught me before I snuck into the White House to convince the president. Oh wait, then he’d be dead and I’d escape in the chaos anyway.” I smile and skip off with Masky as George stands there jaw dropped. I turn us both invisible so that they can’t follow us back home. As we walk up to the front door Masky stops me.

“I’m sorry for the date.”

“Why?”

“Because it probably would have been better without all those interruptions.”

“No I liked it; it gave it a break from the mushy stuff.” I laugh.

“Can you stop being so goddamn beautiful?”

I blush a little, “I don’t know. Why?”

“If you were ugly we wouldn’t have the rapist problems or the bully problems.”

“But if I were ugly, would you still be dating me?” I ask as I sit on the rim of the porch. He puts his arms on either side of me and stands in front of me. He looks up at me and says, “Of course,” And kisses me. I smile in our kiss then I pull away. I hop down from the rim and take his hand as we walk into the house to see almost everyone gone. I walk up stairs and I can hear crying. I can hear Nina sobbing and Gena trying to calm her down. I run into my room and I see them on my bed. Gena just looks up at me and said, “They found them.”