Chapter 20

A month has gone by since my mother died, and although it sounds weird to say this, things have been a lot better since her death.
Everyone is happier, dad works without missing one night, the boys are fighting as always, but over more meaningful subjects. I'm getting great grades in school, and Masky and I are closer than ever.

MASKY'S P.O.V.

I sit in AP English with Lucas and listen to Mrs. Nobine lecture about every English detail in the world. I just answer easily when she asks a question. She then gets a smile on her face and says, "So smart and so handsome, too bad you're dating the ugly criminal girl instead of my beautiful daughter."

I laugh, "Your daughter is beautiful on the outside but on the inside she's a complete bitch. Anabelle on the other hand is drop dead gorgeous both inside and out."

"I don't see how a criminal could be gorgeous."

"Well if you look past the part that she was one of the most wanted criminals she's actually very kind and compassionate. She's also a straight A student and completely fashion smart. And we can't deny the fact that she's beautiful enough to steal my heart and the hearts of many other boys. While your daughter neglects the personality to attract one decent boyfriend."

"Why, I bet your girlfriend is a whore just like her mother probably was."

I stand up, "Excuse me? Anabelle is still a virgin unlike your slut of a daughter who has a new bed partner every week. Her boys only want her for her body not for her!"

"Your relationship with that criminal means nothing, it is fake! If you were with a real woman, like my daughter, it'd be something real!"

I walk up to her, "You don't know what real relationships are, you're only married to your husband because he's rich, he's only married to you because you're too stupid to realize that he's cheating on you."

"I think you should watch how you talk to somebody who has control of if you graduate!"

I get into her face, "I think you should watch who you insult, you have no idea what my family is capable of. Now I want you to listen, I will never date your daughter. She is a horrible person and so are you. I think that you should stop trying to control what you have no control over. You have no control over what I do, who I date, or my future. Get your shit together and shut the hell up before someone kills you!" I storm out of the classroom and head straight for Anabelle's class, we're getting out of here.

ANABELLE'S P.O.V.

I sit in AP US History and listen to the teacher lecture about complete nonsense when I get a text from Lucas,

Your boyfriend just freaked out on Mrs. Nobine and is heading to your class, watch out he's pissed.

My eyes get wide and I sit up in my seat. I raise my hand and my teacher calls on me, "Yes Anabelle?"

"I feel like I'm gonna barf, can I go to the nurse's office please?"

"Sure."

I pick up my backpack quickly and hurry out the door to run head into Masky. I fall on the ground and he picks up my bag for me with his hand out to me, "Let's go."

"What's wrong?" I ask as I take his hand and stand up.

"We're going to a different school."

"What? What are you talking about?"

He begins to drag me down the hallway, "Or maybe homeschool."

I make him stop walking, "Masky, tell me what's going on right now. Lucas told me that you freaked out on Mrs. Nobine. Why?"

He looks at me, "She began to rant about you. Horrible rants, insulting you, me, Lucas, and your mother. She didn't like the idea of me dating a criminal and insisted I dated her daughter. I laughed and she kept ranting and insulting and so I stood up and yelled at her right back. Now we are going to get you into a better school that will respect you."

I laugh a little, "Masky, people are still going to hate me and I'm okay with that. We can skip the rest of the day though."

He smiles a little, "First can we pay someone a visit?"

I roll my eyes, "Yes we can go make out in front of Mrs. Nobine's class."

He throws his fist in the air and we run to Mrs. Nobine's classroom. When we get there I laugh as Masky runs into the classroom and calls her attention to where I am. A Masky run back out to me, wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in for our kiss.

"Stop this right now! He belongs to my daughter!" She yells at us.

We smile and flip her off at the same time. I can hear the whole class whistle and cheer as Mrs. Nobine stomps to the office. As soon as she's out of sight we run to the car and go home before she can get us in trouble.

"Make sure the whole class pretends that they didn't see anything."

I send to Lucas, I know it'll work because the class is filled with good friends of mine, most of them are football players who I've helped train to get onto the team or artsy girls who I've bonded with. When we get home Masky and I come into the house to see a bunch of creepypastas sitting at the long dining table having a meeting. We shuffle in awkwardly but my dad stops us, I wonder what he wants.