Chapter 32

I look at Masky and then turn to Mikaela, "I'll do it," I think for a moment, "Do you think there's a way for you to come in and do it with me?"

She shakes her head for a moment and then stops herself, "For a moment I thought it was impossible but then I remembered the new technology they are working on at the HQ, if we were able to get there then we could see what we could do. You up for it?"

I smile, "I'd love to, let me just get ready and tell my dad."

Mikaela sits in the chair, "I'll wait for you here."

As I head downstairs to speak to my dad the rest of the household sees me come out of my room and follows me down. The noise of us all coming down the stairs made my dad look up from his book and focus his attention on me.

"Dad, I need to go on a trip."

"Where and why?" He looks back at his book and flips a page as if we've had this conversation several times before.

"I-uh- need to face my challenge," He closes his book and puts it on the couch,

"I need to go to the HQ for whatever the hell I am to face the monster inside of me."

He sits up a little, obviously uncomfortable, "How did you find out about this?"

"I met another one of me, her name is Mikaela and she's in my room. She says if I don't face this my power will be gone forever but... if I do face this I could die."

Dad stands up quickly and I'm reminded of how tall Slenderman really is, "Then why take the risk?" He yells at me.

I straighten up and my hands form into fists, "Because I can't lose the one thing I have in common with my mother! I can't lose the one quality of being part of this family! The one thing that makes me a freak like the rest of you! I can't lose that!" I yelled at him and it made the house quiet. I loosen my fists and then look at the ground, "I have to do it or else I'll never be the same."

His posture changes and he looks more shocked before Toby comes up behind me and puts his arm around my shoulders, "I think you should do it, but I'm coming with you."

Masky quickly pushes Toby away from me and then hugs me, "Me too."

Toby and Masky fight a little before BEN, Jeff, Jack, and Lucas all agree to go too. I look around at my family and cry a little, "Thank you." I whisper and then look at my dad, "Can I go?"

He hugs me, "I'm coming with you."

BEN then shouts, "Family road trip!!"

I laugh and then Lucas stops everyone's cheerfulness by asking, "How are we all going to get there? If you haven't noticed, we're all freaks."

I smile, "I got connections." I pull out my phone and dial for the president. We talk about all the current issues when I stop his streak, "I need a private jet, ya think you can lend me one for a couple of days?"

"Well that's kind of a big deal, what do you need it for?"

"Well I need to deal with some stuff and I need to get to the main place or else my abilities could be taken away from me and you'd be out an assassin. So I

think it'd be wise to let me barrow one."

"A little sassy today are we?" He asks with a little laugh, "I think I can make that happen, when do you need it by?"

"ASAP please, I'd like to get this thing over with."

"I can get one to pick you up at the nearest airport by midnight tonight, where's the closest international airport to you?"

"Sacramento."

"Be there by midnight and ask the first officer you see for private jet number 082, they will take to it."

"Okay thank you."

"Whatever I can do for my best employee." He hangs up and I turn to my family.

"We gotta be in Sacramento by midnight."

Everyone nods and rushes up to their rooms to pack. I run up to my room to ask Mikaela where the HQ is located.

"It's in Rome, makes sense right? A group of creatures that have been around forever make an HQ in an ancient city that's been around forever."

I smile because I've always wanted to travel to Rome. I rush and pack my bags quickly before we all get in three separate cars and head to Sacramento so I can face my fate.

Getting to the plane without my family being caught was difficult but not impossible. First Masky and I went to the first officer we saw and told him about private jet number 082 and I insisted that we took our cars to the plane and not go through customs, it took a while of aggressive arguing but eventually he agreed to bend the rules with a little money. Once we got to the jet I distracted the Officer so that my weird family members could get on it without being questioned and then Masky, Mikaela, Lucas, and I hurried onto the jet so that we could take off for Rome.