Chapter 12

I look around for any trace of our family. It is night time so surely Dad is still out; he’s always out at night. My heart rate speeds up I run from room to room, trying to find everyone. No one, not even Lucas is here. Nina and Gena must have hid in my secret room. I run around in circles until Masky stops me, “They’re gone.” He says and tears start to fall.

I take out my cellphone and dial for the president, “Hello sir, I know I just called but are they turning in some mass murderers and if they are, how many exactly.”

“Well,” He said sleepily, “They just found six mutants/killers in an old mansion in the forest.”

They found everyone except Dad. “That’s my family.” I whisper.

“What?”

“Where are they going?” I ask.

“What?”

“I need to know where they’re being sent. That’s my family and I’m sorry sir if you don’t approve but I need them and I intend to get them out at all costs.”

There is a moment of silence as he thinks and then he sighs, “You are already permitted access because of your position but don’t expect the guards to allow you in easily, they will most likely remember you being on the most wanted list and try to arrest you.”

“Where are they going?”

“They are going to a high security prison and lab in Oregon.”

“Thanks, I’ll call you if I need anything.” And I hang up. I turn to Nina and lift her face up so she can look me straight in the eyes, “I need you to suck it up because I need your brain.” She nods and sucks up her tears. I stand up straight, “Let’s go.” And we head out the door. I run around the forest, “Dad!” I scream at the top of my lungs and after the third scream he comes.

“What is it, I’m working.”  He says a little annoyed.

“The house was found and EVERYONE was taken. I know where they are being taken and how to get in but I’m scared and I think you should know.”

He thinks and I can tell he’s worried, “I’ll stay here but if you need me, call and I’ll be there in a matter of minutes.” I run to the car and speed down the highway. I know the place; it’s a tiny prison outside of Portland on an off road where they only keep the worst and weirdest prisoners. We get there in only about 4 hours because I sped. I park outside of the prison for an easy escape. I shut the door and everyone follows behind. I walk up to the front gate and look the security guard right in the eyes, I’m so done with this crap.

He gets up and yawns, it’s only about 4am, “What do you want?”

“Anabelle Life, now let me in.”

He checks the computer and then stares at me, “Go in.” And he opens the door for me. I pass through several other security measures before I reach the prisoners cells. Two security guards stood at the entrance and stopped us. I glare at them.

“You’re not allowed down here.”

“Check my name. I’m allowed throughout the building.”

“I doubt it.”

“Listen here, I’m not in the mood to deal with your shit so if you want to avoid trouble you better let me in.”

“No you listen; we only let curtain people in here.”

“I’m the president’s personal agent, if you don’t want to lose your job, let me in. Anabelle Life, move out of the way.”

They look up my name, “You can go in, but these guys have to stay out here.”

I turn around and look at Gena. She nods and I go in. I run down the hallway and quickly find Hoodie, Ben, Lucas, and my Mom. Jeff and Jack must be locked up deeper because they are bigger killers. Luckily the four of them were all in the same cell. I glare at the cell and try to melt it but it won’t melt. But I can sense that these can be easily broken if frozen. I freeze all the bars and then break them with a swift kick. They make a loud noise as they break from my foot and as they hit the ground. I hear the guard’s footsteps and then two heavy thuds. I see Nina, Gena, and Masky run around the corner, “There are more coming, they heard the crash but we shut and locked the steel door so it should give us a little time.” Nina says. Everyone that was in the cell crawled out and the three boys look at what I did to the bars.

“I’d hate to be the one who pissed you off one day.” Ben says.

“Do you know where they threw Jeff and Jack?” I ask.

“They are at the end of the hall in two different cells.” Lucas says.

“Nina, Gena, and Masky take them to the car. It’s gonna be a tight squeeze but it’ll have to do, Mom turn them to air and go through the wall.”

“I can’t leave you here alone.” Masky says.

I smile, “I think I can handle myself, I’m so pissed off right now that if you don’t do as I say I may just end up breaking you.” He hesitates but then goes with the rest of them. I run down the hallway as fast as I can. I come face to face with two steel doors with little looking holes. I open one of them to see Jeff. I melt the lock on the door and then freeze the hinges on the door. I kick the door open and smile at the shock on Jeff’s face.

“Look who just got saved by a girl.” I tease.

He gets up and hugs me, “You must be pretty pissed to come and save me.”

“You have no idea.” I take my two daggers out of my back pocket and hand them to Jeff, “They aren’t what you’re used to but we have unwanted company coming and I still need to get Jack.”

Jeff smiles and steps in deeper into the hallway. He twirls the daggers in his hands and re-carves his smile. I run over to Jack’s cell and just melt it all down. He happily gets up. “Stay behind me.” I warn and he does exactly that. We are in one of the highest security prisons and we have a lot of guards coming in a matter of seconds. We gather inside Jack’s cell and back up against the wall as I hear the big door down the hall fall to the ground with a big bang. “They have guns. They’re going to kill us.” I whisper as I read their purposes. I rest my hand on the wall behind me, keeping my eyes in front of me. A heat close to the heat of the sun comes from my palms and melts the wall in seconds. I just now realize the sirens ringing above us. “Get to the car!” I yell as we run. A sharp pain goes through my lower back but I tread on. We jump into the car and Gena steps on the gas as my mom turns the car into air so we are unseen.

“Oh my God, you’re bleeding.” Masky says.

I look down, my hands are covered in blood and I feel a bit light headed. “Yeah I guess so.” Is the last thing I say before I black out.