Chapter 14

We walk into the little shop where the old woman is sitting at the check in petting her cat. I walk up to her and smile, “Hi, I’m here for my fitting.” She looks at me and smiles. She stands up and then studies Masky, “Who is this hansom fella?” She asks.

“Oh um this is my boyfriend, we call him Masky because he likes masks, yeah that’s why we call him that.” I say awkwardly and she pinches his cheeks.

“He’ll have to wait out here, unless you want him to see your dress.”

“Nope, he can wait out here with my purse.” I kiss his cheek and give him my purse to hold. I watch as he sits down and the cat hops onto his lap and begins to purr. I follow my grandmother into the room and she hands me the dress. I quickly put it on and the woman begins to fix the little things but for the most part it fit perfectly and looked gorgeous. I smiled, “Thank you so much.”

“It’s no problem dear; I’m all done with the little touch ups so you can take it home today. Let’s go ring you up.” I change clothes and she hangs the dress on a hanger and puts it in a non-see through bag. I walk out of the changing room to see Masky smothered in three cats with an annoyed look on his face. I laugh and he takes the cats off of him one by one and gets up. He gives me my purse and I pay for the dress plus a little extra. I give Masky my dress to hold as I pay and as I look at him, I catch him sneaking a peak at it. “What are you doing?” I ask and he jumps. I laugh as we walk out of the shop. We go home and I hang the dress up. Masky sits on my bed and watches me set out my outfit for tomorrow, “You’re actually going to school tomorrow?” He asks.

“Yeah, might as well see what kind of people I’ll be dealing with.”

“But if you go I have to go.”

“Exactly, do you want me to pick out your clothes?”

“Nah, I think I can do it.” He says as he gets up and heads for the door.

“Please wear a beanie tomorrow.” I ask.

He chuckles and turns around, “Why?”

“I like the beanie.”

He comes up and pulls me into a hug, “Oh, you like the beanie?”

“Almost as much as I like you.” I smile and kiss him. I pull away, “Now go get ready beanie boy.” He smiles as he walks out the door. I shut the door and continue to make sure everything was ready then go to sleep for the night. The next morning I wake up a bit later than I had hoped to. I rush to get ready and then wake up Masky, “Get up, we need to go, we’re late.” After rushing to school we walk through the halls only three minutes late. We have the same first period, Anatomy. As we walk into the class room the teacher looks at us weird,

“Who are you two?”

“Anabelle and Mark, we haven’t been coming to school because of some issues but we have decided to come today.” I say with a sweet smile and the teacher motions to two seats with confusion on his face, he checks the roll call list just to make sure. I can hear someone whisper, “She was most wanted for an unknown reason.”

I take a deep breath and take out my notebook and start taking notes. By the time lunch rolls around, rumors are everywhere. People stare at us as we walk down the halls whispering things like, “I hear she broke into the white house.”

“Why is such a cute guy hanging out with a criminal?”

“Why was she most wanted?”

“I wish I could be around her, I wouldn’t mind the fact that she was most wanted, she’s hot.”

I sit down at a booth and sigh, “Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to come back.” I stare into the crowd and then see Gena, Nina, and Lucas. They see Masky and I and come to sit with us.

“Rumors are everywhere.” Nina said.

“Yeah I know.” I said.

“You should clear everything up.” Gena says.

I stand up in the booth and everyone stares at me, “Okay I know there are rumors going around and I’m going to clear them up.” I take a deep breath, “It’s true I was most wanted for breaking out of a police station and breaking into a high security prison and successfully breaking out some of the prisoners. I am working for the government but technically I work for the president personally so I can get out of many sticky situations. I also broke into the white house easily. This cute guy over here,” I motion to Masky, “Is my boyfriend so yeah he’s going to be hanging out with me. And I can hear what you whisper so either don’t talk about me or teach your ass how to whisper.” I sit down and the whole cafeteria is quiet. I sigh and pick up my stuff. Masky stands up and chuckles. I turn to him and kiss him and I can see as I walk away that several girls are giving me dirty looks as their boyfriend’s looks at Masky in envy. I smile as my friends and I walk outside. The rest of the day goes by without any problem, when I look at people they stare at me in wonder, not fear. I sit on my bed with Masky doing our homework when he leans over and kisses my cheek, “I love you.” He whispers.

I smile and lean on his shoulder, “I love you too.” The first time we’ve ever shared those three words and it wasn’t awkward like it would be for normal teenagers. The next two weeks go by quickly and before I know it, I’m waking up on my 18th birthday. It’s a Friday but I don’t go to school, I call in sick but so do all my friends. Gena and Nina are supposed to be coming by at 9am to go celebrate my birthday before I have to get ready for the ball. I get dressed in a cute dress and do my hair and makeup then sneak into Masky’s room. I quietly sneak over to where he is sleeping and then jump on his bed to wake him up yelling, “Guess who is now 18!!” I stop jumping and land on my knees right next to him. He looks at me tired and kinda irritated but that look disappears as soon as he sees how happy I am. He sits up and pulls me down to lie down next to him. I giggle when he kisses my forehead and says sleepily, “Happy birthday, can I go back to sleep?” I guide his face to be even with mine so he can look me in the eyes and try to say that. He smiles and gets up out of bed, “Yeah, yeah I know what day it is.”

“I’m so excited to meet the other Creepypastas.”

“Yeah, so what are we doing for your birthday?” He asks as he puts on some clean clothes.

“I don’t know, Nina and Gena are going to surprise me. They’re coming around 9.”

“Oh so we’re doing that.”

“What are we doing?”

“It’s a surprise, you’ll see later.”