Tree Lights (Pepperony)

Another Oneshot from the original marvel book. This was actually my first ever Oneshot, so it actually holds a very special place in my heart. Because of that, I didn't edit it very much, because I wanted it to stay true to it's original form.

But on the bright side, there are no spoilers!

~~~~~

"Is this really necessary?" Tony began, frowning down at the tangled strands of Christmas tree lights in his hands. "I could just have JARVIS . . ."

Pepper giggled. "No Tony! I want this Christmas to be special. So, we're doing it the old fashioned way."

Tony sighed and continued fighting with the lights. After a long struggle, he finally looked to Pepper desperately. "Pep, please help? Do you wanna switch roles?"he looked desperately to his wife, who was putting green hooks on ornaments to hang on the tree. Pepper had assigned Tony to untangling the lights, which were a huge mess and he was terrible at it, mostly because one, Tony usually wanted nothing to do with the holiday, and two, JARVIS usually had it done for him. 

Pepper laughed once again, before continuing to hook the ornaments. "No Mr. Stark, we agreed to this already. Now keep going."

"But I could just . . ."

"NO," she answered sternly but playfully. Tony frowned with not only his mouth, but with his dark puppy eyes, making Pepper's heart break, as it always did. But she remained silent, slapping a smile on her face, and crossing her legs on the couch. He walked over to her and playfully threw the strands on her lap, causing her to drop the ornament in her hand. "TONY!" she laughed, going to bend over.

She was stopped by stern yet gentle hands on her shoulders. Tony pulled her to a standing position, causing the lights to fall to the floor next to the ornament. "We're switching roles. I can't stand those lights another second."

Pepper smiled at his plead. "Really, Mr. Stark?" She wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and smiled adoringly.

"That wasn't a question Mrs. Stark," he smirked. He pulled her in for a swift kiss, before releasing her and reaching past her to the couch to grab the green hooks.

Pepper grabbed his wrist and smiled at him, a sly smirk of her own spreading across her mouth as she forcefully pulled him to her face again for another kiss. She felt him smile against her cherry lips, and when they pulled away from each other, Tony called out to his assistant.

"JARVIS, have Dum-E untangle the . . ."

He had no more time to react before Pepper tossed her index finger to his lips to silent him. "Quiet Mr. Stark. We had an agreement."

He sighed and looked to the lights on the floor. He pointed to the ground as he looked to Pepper. "But those lights have something against me!" he joked. "They might be plotting to. . ."

"Oh I'm sure," she whispered between soft giggles. He leaned in again, wanting to steal another kiss from his wife, but she stepped out of his way and snatched the green hooks in the process, walking over to the other couch to continue to hook the ornaments.

He had his arms held out as if he were still holding her, and turned on his feet, grinning. She waved him away as he neared her again. "Back to work Mr. Stark," she instructed. He sighed reluctantly but went back to work once more. He pointed one hand at the strands.

"I'm warning you wicked things. No one teases Tony Stark and gets away with it." He joked. Pepper couldn't help but laugh at her rediculous mess of a husband. But as he had said before, he was her mess.

When many people looked at him, they saw a curvy genius, a billionaire, and a lot of other disgusting things, playboy being one of them. But to her, everything about him was perfect, even his flaws.

And Pepper had learned over her years with the billionaire that there was an entire side of him that no one seemed to see but her. An almost meaningful side of him. Underneath those suits and all that money was a man with a heart, one that cared for her.

She must've been staring for a while, because Tony called out to her, his famous playful smirk smeared all over his face. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." He quipped playfully.

"JARVIS," she smiled sweetly back, surprising Tony that she was actually going to take a picture.

Tony was smirking coyly again, but remained silent as Pepper, for the rest of the night, continued to watch the billionaire as if he were the most intriguing, most fascinating thing on the planet, and was something that she never wanted to lose.

Funny thing was, to Pepper, he was just exactly that.