15

Unlocking the apartment door, Melony ran in with her giant backpack shaking behind her into her and Caitlin's shared room and began her homework. Caitlin shut the door behind her, tossing her purse on the kitchen counter.

"Ramona, were back," she called out.

"Hey," she walked out in her doctor scrubs. Now that Caitlin was home to watch Melony, Ramona took a later shift at the children's hospital.

"Getting ready to head in?"

"Yep," Ramona replied.

Just then there was a knock at the door.

"Who's that?" she asked stepping into her room to grab a hairbrush.

"I don't know," Caitlin replied heading to open the door.

She was greeted by Barry again, he stood stiffly, his face confused and overwhelmed.

"Now you're following us home? Barry, go home," Caitlin said quiet enough for only him to hear.

"Who is it?" Ramona said, walking in again to the door, seeing the tall brown-haired, green-eyed man, who eerily resembled Melony.

"No one," Caitlin replied dryly, slamming the door on Barry.

"What the heck, Caitlin? Who was that?"

"No one, Ramona."

"I'm not stupid, Caitlin. Oh my god! Was that who I think it was?"

"No Ramona."

"C'mon the eyes and nose, that has to be him."

"He's not Mel's father, Ramona!" Caitlin yelled, immediately regretting it. "I-I'm sorry... but he's not. He's just someone from my past, who didn't even know about her."

"Well, any particular reason he's here now?"

"Probably to force us to come back to Central City..."

"I mean," Ramona started, "not the softest way to deal with this situation. But, if he's here you know he wants to be apart of Mel's life and that he cares. Even if you think you don't want him and Mel to meet just yet, he came to find you without knowing about Mel, right? So he still cares about you too. At least talk to him."

Caitlin sighed, "Sometimes, I hate how persuasive you are."

Ramona smiled, "but you love me anyway."

Grabbing her bag, Ramona got up. "I have to head to work now, but go talk to him," she said as she left.

Swinging the door open, Ramona walked past Barry giving a quick smile, who was soon followed with Caitlin stepping into the hallway to speak with him.

They stood in awkward silence for a few minutes before Barry finally spoke.

"Julian's not your daughter's father, is he."

Caitlin shook her head, no.

"Then who is..."

Caitlin winced as if she was actually in physical pain, but she wasn't. Hesitating, Caitlin stuttered her answer.

"S-Savitar..."

Barry fell and leaned against the wall, clutching his head. One hand went down to his side in a fist, aggressively punching the wall.

"I'm sorry..." Caitlin cried, not knowing what would happen next and how he would respond.

Seconds past and Barry stood up straightly again, his face looking distraught.

"Barry, please say something..." Caitlin begged her eyes all teary.

Barry slowly turned his head at her, giving a look filled both with disdain and guilt. Without saying anything Barry disappeared in a flash.

Caitlin wiped her eyes, sliding herself down her front door.

Why?! She thought.

........

Later that night, Caitlin sat with Melony on the couch. Caitlin brushed her fingers through her daughter's hair as she slept beside her, peacefully as she watched some random soap drama on the TV.

Feeling the vibrating tone of her phone, she looked at the screen.

Text from Cisco: "what the hell happened? Barry came back and spilled everything. He's been in the training room all day, running himself out."

Caitlin sighed, shutting off her phone and setting it aside. She shut off the TV and focused on brushing Melony's hair.

_________________________________________

Votes?/Comments?/Notes?

Short chapter, I know I'm sorry. But lots to come!

What did you guys think? How will Barry fully react? How about Iris and the rest of the team? What will Caitlin do?