8

Context: 6 1/2 Months later... (just to speed things up) few days before Melony's 1st birthday. Caitlin has been visiting Central City once a week where she spends time with the time at Jitters or lazer tag, then dinner at Joe's. The team, besides Cisco, still don't know about Caitlin's life outside of the city and she manages to avoid the topic. While Barry has noticed Caitlin's odd distancing, he hasn't commented on it, yet.

..................
Central City - Star Labs

"Left on Belmont and we got our robbers!" Cisco said excitedly through the comms, while Barry chased down a gang of motorcyclists that just came out of Central City Bank.

"Got'em," Barry responded as he caught the culprits. "Be back in a bit."

"Another one done!" Cisco exclaimed, turning off the comms as he laid back. "I think this calls for a night out."

"Can't," Caitlin responded.

"C'mon Cait. Just for the night?"

"I can't, and actually neither can you," Caitlin responded, causing Cisco to turn his head. "Melony's first birthday is tomorrow. I feel like meeting her uncle for the first time is a good gift, for both of you."

"What, really?!" Cisco said excitedly, "you're ready?"

"I mean, I feel I shouldn't be the reason Mel doesn't grow up without her greatest uncle. Just promise you won't say a word."

"Promise."

"K, we'll leave tonight so we can get to Midway in the morning."

"Should I get her a gift, like a toy, a stuffed animal, how about a Cisco original gadget like a-a-" Cisco started.

"She's turning one Cisco, a stuffed animal will be just fine," Caitlin smiled at her friend's enthusiastic response. Just as she responded Barry returned.

"I got Big Belly Burger," Barry said as he speeded in.

"Yes!" Cisco exclaimed grabbing a greasy bag.

"I'm good," Caitlin responded passive-aggressively, heading into her lab.

As Cisco started devouring his food, Barry set down his bag of 7 cheeseburgers and followed Caitlin into her lab.

"Caitlin," he said, while she avoided looking at him, "is anything wrong?..."

"No Barry," she replied indifferently, "nothing's wrong."

"You haven't really talk-talked to me in months. Plus, know when something's bothering you, Cait..."

*God damnit! The lip bite!* she scolded herself in her mind, fixing her lip purse.

"Caitlin," she corrected him, trying to pretend his previous observation didn't happen.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"Nothing, Barry. I have to work now, so please leave," she replied sternly.

Before Barry could respond Cisco called out from the cortex.

"Guys looks like we have an old visitor," Cisco said. "Random outburst of chaos at the bank on Fourth seems like the work of Rainbow Raider. Looks like its gonna take a team to calm everything down."

Barry speeded out into his suit and to the bank, while Caitlin sighed in relief getting her suit on before breaching over with Cisco.

......................................

As soon as they arrived, Barry raced around trying to detain the irrationality angry citizens while Cisco hit them with his new light gun. (Like the light from the van in the video gun as a light gun/fancy flashlight)

Spotting Bivilo sneak away, Caitlin raced after him around the corner to the back of the alley.

"Bivilo!" She yelled, trapping him in a corner. "Guess rounding up the rouges the first time wasn't enough."

"You sure about that?" He smirked, quickly removing his glasses with a dead stare into Caitlin's eyes.

"No!" She tried covering her eyes but it was too late.

By the time the anger had contaminated her mind, Barry had run into the alley to see what was going on.

"Frost!" He said before he was knocked over by a cloud of frost.

"See you all. Good luck Flash, she seems really angry," Bivilo smirked before running off.

"Caitlin, it's me, Barry. Calm down," Barry said, standing up from the blast.

"Calm down Barry? Why the hell would I do that? What reason do I have to be calm, for you to say the least?! The man who ruined my life. I'm alone because of you!"

"What, Caitlin?-" Barry was cut off by another icy blast pinning him against the wall by a sheet of ice.

"I hate you. I hate you!" She muttered. "Why couldn't it be you? Why couldn't it be you!! I loved him, but instead, you survived! Why can't you be him!" She yelled, and without realizing it holding a sharp icicle over Barry's heart. "I loved him...," she cried, "why you?.."

Before she could do anything, Caitlin was knocked over by a blast, knocking her unconscious. Cisco had finished returning the citizens to a normal state and had rushed to the alley, after hearing all the commotion. After unfreezing Barry, they both carried Caitlin back to Star Labs and Cisco treated her.

.......................................

Waking up in the med bay, Caitlin jumped from her sleep.

"Whoa, whoa, you're at Star Labs, you're fine," Barry said sitting beside her. He must have been waiting for her to wake.

"Oh god-," she muttered to her self.

What did I do, she thought.

"Caitlin, I'm sorry. I didn't know..." Barry started.

Oh god, oh god no. Please don't happen. I swear if Cisco peeped a single word, I'm gonna freeze his- she began to think before Barry finished his sentence.

"-you still felt that way about Ronnie."

"Oh, Ronnie?" Caitlin repeated. She couldn't help but sigh in relief a bit.

"Yeah, I know it's been so long but I know that being apart of this team hasn't really given you all the best fortunes. I know I should've saved him. He was the real hero that day."

"No Barry," she stopped him softly. "It was a long time ago. You shouldn't feel bad, you were the hero that day too. Bivilo just tapped into a dark place in my mind. Of course, I miss Ronnie, I wished that he was still here. But he isn't... sometimes you just have those parts of grief you feel but you... you know you shouldn't. No matter how much you want them back in your life, anything you do would be too difficult and impossible."

While she did miss Ronnie and it was rather impossible to bring him back, she knew in the back of her head she really was thinking of Savitar. She felt bad for using her dead fiancee as a cover-up for her relationship with her secret baby daddy. But it was the solution given to her and she was desperate. Plus, what she said kind of still applied to both. If Ronnie was still alive she would've either left with him or he would just die again. If Savitar was still alive, they'd still be trying to take over the world, and her friends probably dead. No matter how much it hurt without them, living with them would be too difficult.

"I'm sorry for going all evil ice Queen on you," Caitlin finished.

"It's fine, really," Barry replied. "But you got some nasty Elsa moves there," he joked.

"Really, I told you and Cisco to stop with those references," she laughed.

________________________________________
Aahhhhh!!!
Well... any comments?

Note: Updates for all my stories will probably continue to be inconsistent until June or July. Sorry!!