12

Before entering the underground nightclub, Caitlin let her frosty appearance emerge. As worried as she already was, now that the girls knew about Mel, Amunet was now thrown in the mix.

Caitlin walked up to the bar, finding the snake-eyed man there, icing his arm.

"Tell me where Amunet is, Norvak," she commanded.

"Finally back aren't you-" he was going to continue his taunt but Caitlin interrupted.

"Now Norvak, I'll freeze both of your snakes."

Quickly Norvak had Caitlin follow him to the back.

...

"What the heck is this place?" Felicity asked.

"I don't know, but Caitlin's here so we got to help her," Iris responded.

Making their way through the crowd of people, Cecile bumped into a very high man.

"Hey ladies," he slurred, "looking for purchasing some of Amunet's new stash?"

"Nope, we're good" Iris replied quickly pulling her friends away.

"I Can't believe Amunet has been operating under our noses for years," Cecile exclaimed.

"What does Caitlin have to do with her?" Felicity questioned.

"I don't know but she didn't look okay when she left earlier. It didn't seem like she was in her right mind, especially now heading to a place like this. We have to help her," Iris said.

Spotting a white-haired head in the distance, Iris started towards it.

"You guys stay here for now," she told the other girls, "stay safe."

....

"Oh, Caity your back," Amunet said excited, it seemed insincere. "I here you gave Norvak here quite the beating."

"Enough with the small talk Amunet," Caitlin replied. "Mess with me all you want but you better leave Melony alone."

"Is that what you said Norvak?" Amunet turned her head. "Caity, I would never harm little Melony, she's like my own granddaughter."

"Don't even think crap like that," Caitlin said, "I want you to leave both of us alone, I'm out."

"Ooh... Caity I'm afraid I can't do that. You see the reason there has been no one to snitch about my whereabouts or my plans, is because anyone who leaves isn't alive to tell. It's a shame that Melony now has to grow up without both parents." Amunet pointed her arm towards a bucket out metal scraps and they began rattling.

Caitlin clenched her fist.

"Well, I guess I'll have to change that now," Caitlin remarked, releasing frost from her palms.

"Stop!" Iris yelled, running in between the two metas, knocking down some boxes as she ran.

"What are you doing!?" Caitlin asked, as her eyes quickly faded to brown.

"Who are you?" Amunet asked.

"Caitlin, you don't have to do this," Iris said, ignoring Amunet.

"Get out of the way, Iris," Caitlin said through her teeth.

"I'll ask again. Who are you?" Amunet said.

"No one," Iris replied.

"Well, no one your kind of interrupting. So if you could just tah tah, and be on your way," Amunet responded.

"No," Iris responded, trying to find a way to stop this. "Look you have a club of people above here, and I'm pretty sure a meta fight may cause a lot ruckus, maybe even revealing things you don't want to be revealed. I recommend you just let us go, please."

"Hmm... You have good friends Caity," Amunet responded. "Fine."

Iris let out a quiet sigh of relief and began to leave. "Let's go Caitlin."

Slowly approaching Caitlin, however, Amunet whispered in her ear, "Don't think this is over Caity."

"Caitlin," Iris called over by the entrance.

Caitlin looked at Amunet with pure disdain then followed Iris out.

.....

"What do you think you're doing?!" Caitlin asked frustratedly, as the girls arrived back in Star Labs.

"What I'm doing! What are you doing, Caitlin? What have you been up to for the past six years?" Iris asked.

Caitlin just continued walking into the Cortex.

"Of course you're not going to tell us anything. I mean, what other lies have you kept from us?"

Caitlin sighed, "nothing... Just stay out of it."

"Stay out of it?!" Iris exclaimed. "Caitlin, we're friends, a family, and you just expect us to stay out of your life? You have a freaking daughter, and none of us knew! You work for a meta crime lord, for god's sake! A family doesn't lie, Caitlin!" Iris was now yelling a bit angrily, but it was a fit of understood anger. Only Caitlin didn't know how to respond, she was still shaken up by the whole Amunet threatening her and basically most of her secret life getting revealed.

Frustrated, Caitlin sighed. "I think you can take me off the seating chart for Westallen vow renewal, tomorrow," she said leaving.

"Wait Caitlin..." Iris tried to say as she left, but she was already gone.

.....

Later that night, when the boys came back and Barry sobered up, Iris filled them in with everything. Although Cisco sat back, completely silent, not wanting to say anything.

......

Midway City

Caitlin got back at midnight, Melony and Ramona were already sleeping. She grabbed a bottle of wine from the kitchen and threw herself on the couch, not even bothering to grab a glass. Looking at her phone she saw it spammed with hundreds of texts from the team, a majority of them from Cisco. Nevertheless, she ignored them and opened her bottle of wine. She still had a year to figure out where she and Melony were going to live, but she didn't have to start now.

_______________________________________

So how was it?

Comments?/Votes?/Notes?

THANK YOU!!! 1K Reads! That's amazing!