2

............................fb.............................

"C'mon focus your energy on the core," Savitar pushed. "Freeze it from the inside out so the damage isn't noticed till it's too late. I know you can do this."

Frost grunted holding her hand up to the four-thousand-degree core of pure tungsten. Trying to push herself harder, she let herself go again failing to cool the hot metal completely.

"What's up?" Savitar question, "You could do this yesterday."

"Nothing," Frost replied, "I'm just tired, I gonna go-."

"You're lying, I know you are," Savitar said stopping her from leaving. "I know, I pay attention unlike some."

Frost looked down trying to avoid eye contact, unfortunately, Savitar held her chin up.

"Tell me what's wrong," he said softly.

"I'm pregnant," she replied.

Savitar let go in shock, not knowing how to respond. Frost then walked away, afraid of what his reaction could be.

........................end of fb.........................

"Hey, I'm home," Caitlin announced herself entering the small two-bedroom apartment. "I got food."

"Thank you so much, I was starving," Romana exclaimed greeting her, cradling baby Melony in her arms. "Trade, food for the baby?" Ramona joked, handing Caitlin her little bundle of joy.

Caitlin smiled handing off the bag of greasy fries to her friend, to hold her pride of life wrapped in a small blanket. "Hi, Melly," she spoke softly. "You must be hungry too," Caitlin said setting her bag aside to adjust her shirt to feed Melony.

Caitlin sat on their old couch in the living room as she fed Melony, looking out the window. She held onto Melony closely, holding her soft supple skin. Caitlin's hand touched her small wrist where Caitlin had wrapped around a thin chained necklace, too big for her to wear around her kneck yet.

................fb..................

Frost ran to her designated living corner in the storage building that they stayed in. She didn't know how to feel. She was carrying the baby of the person she loved, which just so happens to be the person who has the same DNA as her frenemy and her frenemy's fiancee. Plus, how was she supposed to help rule the world with a baby on the way? Deep inside she was really just scared, terrified.

"Frost?" Savitar called out, entering the same corner as Frost.

"What do you want?" Frost asked, trying to hide any emotion.

"I want to give you this," he said handing her a box.

Opening the box Frost found a beautiful silver necklace with a snowflake charm (the cover image).

"It's beautiful. How?..." she started.

"There are a lot of neat tricks you can do in the speed force, like forging rare unbreakable metals that take years to make in the human world. This necklace took a few days to form, but it's unbreakable and stainless."

Speechless, all Frost could blurt out was thanks and why.

"Because," Savitar replied putting the necklace on for Frost, "I told you we were going to be a team forever. And if that team grows, I'll love it."

Savitar smiled, which was a first, before pulling her in for a kiss. Caitlin would've never thought she would see him in this type of light, and she was sure she was the only person who knew this side of Savitar.

.................end of fb....................

As soon as Melony was full and fell asleep, Caitlin set her down in the small crib beside her bed in her cramped room and joined Ramona in the kitchen to indulge in greasy cold fries.

"The angel asleep?" She asked.

"Yep," Caitlin replied exhaustedly, chewing on her burger.

"You should take the day off tomorrow and go out," Ramona suggested in the middle of their late dinner.

"Where is this coming from?" Caitlin asked, wiping ketchup off her lip.

"I mean, you spend all of your nights working at that gross bar, then in the mornings you're either taking care of Mel or passed out in your room after crying for hours," Ramona stated.

"You hear that?" Caitlin asked embarrassed.

"The walls are thin Caitlin," Ramona replied. "I know you haven't been comfortable with telling me all about what happened in your past or who Mel's father is, but I know you enough to know you need to stop hiding. You should go back to Central City, just visit for a day. I'm sure your friends there miss you, as much as I know you miss them."

"I can't Ramona," Caitlin replied, thinking of an excuse. "W-who's going to take care of Mel?"

"I have the day off tomorrow. And if you don't, I'm pushing you onto that train tomorrow," Ramona said.

"Fine," Caitlin gave in continuing her dinner.

________________________________________

Comments? Critics? Votes?

Just to mention, because I'm pretty sure I'll get asked about it. Ramona knows about Metahumans but doesn't know Caitlin is one or worked with them.