Chapter 54 - The Note

A/N: SO I'M BORED AND I'M DOWNLOADING A MOVIE (THE GIVER) I READ THE BOOK SO MIGHT AS WELL WATCH THE MOVIE RIGHT? ANYWAYS HERE IS A QUICK UPDATE, I NEED TO WRAP THIS STORY UP NOW... NOT THIS CHAPTER THOUGH.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mitchell's P.O.V

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The sun shines through the curtains of my apartment, reminding me that I forgot to close them last night, I don't let the sun bother me as I roll over to face the closet, keeping the sun out of my eyes.

I'm about to fall asleep when a loud gunshot echos throughout the apartment, making my ears ring.

My eyes open quickly and bulge.

I throw my legs over the mattress and put my slippers on.

I run to my dresser and grab my pistol quickly running to my door opening it.

I see Madison peek her head out of her door from across the hall, she is in the same state as me.

We make eye contact and her eyes drift away and her jaw drops.

I walk into the hallway and close my door.

I see Madison's eyes have landed on Conner and Colin's door, which is wide opened.

Madison joins me on my side and we make our way in.

I flick the lights on and let out a shriek when I see the site in front of me.

"Oh God!" Madison screams running out of the room crying.

I tuck my gun into the waist band of my pajamas.

"No!" I hear Sasha and Kayla scream in sync, I hear there footsteps retreat as they run away crying.

Blood stains the white sheets of Conner and Colin's bed, Colin lies there with his eyes wide opened and lifeless, a bullet pierced into his left temple, Conner is nowhere to be seen but by the blood I can only guess what happened...

A few silent tears fall down my cheek as I stare at the sight.

Colin still holds the gun he shot himself with, I notice something in his other hand, that looks like a single sheet of paper.

I slowly make my way to him, standing over the fourteen year old's body, more tears fall down my face as I reach over him and grab the paper, his cold hands scraping against mine as I grab it.

I open the paper and try not to look at the dead body, that Colin owns.

The note reads; "I woke up to blood covered sheets, Conner wasn't there but the door was opened, blood trails went down the stairs and that's when I knew... Conner wasn't coming back. I cant live like that, with no one no more, If you are reading this it means I'm dead, and you better be prepared for whats coming next, put it this way... The. Cure. Do. Not. Work."

My eyes widen and I scream, not this again!

I storm out of the room, slamming the door.

I stop in the hallway when I realize my whole group is there, tears in their eyes.

"He left a note.." I say in a croaked voice, not looking at my group.

"Wh-What did it say?" Kayla's high pitched voice asks.

"That Conner is gone, he isn't coming back, and that..." I stop myself not knowing if I should tell them.

"And what?" Riley ask's.

"And that the cure do not work" I decide to tell them.

They gasp and I hear someone shriek.

"How come Conner never feasted on Colin?" Cole says.

I think.

"I don't know" I answer the question truthfully.

"But see this blood trail?" I say gesturing to the blood trail that goes from Conner's room to the stairs.

"Conner is gone, turned, and If the cure don't work.... were screwed, suit up" I say walking off into my room.

I slam my door and slide down the wall.

I scream at the cruel, cruel world and start to cry, they were like my children!

I reach up and grab a flower vase, throwing it at the wall opposite from me.

I watch at the vase makes contact with the wall, shattering into millions of pieces.

I start to hyperventilate.

Calm Mitchell.

Calm.

I keep telling myself to calm down, and it works.

Slowly I stand and make my way to the closet, I decide to go with my old cloths, that I arrived here with.

I quickly dress and walk to my dresser, leaving my closet opened as I will be going back into it.

I style my hair quickly and strap my holster belt into the looks on my jeans and walk into the closet again.

I unlock the safe and Grab my Beretta AR70/60 and put the strap on so the gun is hanging on my back.

I grab as much ammo as I possibly can for it and put it in the ammo pouch, which I may add is big.

I fill some clips with ammo for my pistol, and put them in the pouch also, knowing the difference between my pistol clips and my Beretta clips.

I quickly walk to my dresser and grab my katana, putting it under my Beretta so I do not struggle to get my Beretta off my back.

I walk into my kitchen and look out the window, my eyes not believing what I am seeing, People running on the streets and screaming, getting pinned down by a walker, screaming as the walker tears into there flesh.

Hundreds of walkers fill the street, joining in on a feast or getting there own food.

I turn away and walk to my door.

I look around at my apartment once more, not knowing if I well come back to it or not.

I turn away and walk into the hallway getting met by my group.

"Lets move" I say quit loud.

We follow the blood trail down the stairs, the girls behind me.

I look out the little window in the door, it's clear.

I open the door and look at the lobby, Conner got ah old of the lady at the front desk as blood and intestines fill the floor.

I look out the front doors.

Walkers....

Walkers everywhere...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A/N: OKAY SO THIS WAS A QUICK UPDATE, IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING IT I REALIZED SOMETHING... THE WALKING DEAD COMES BACK TONIGHT!!!!! ARGGGHHH! AFTER SEVEN MONTHS! ANYWAYS HAVE A GOOD DAY! NEXT CHAPTER MAY BE THE LAST!

~Mitchell

Xoxox