Chapter 52 - Search For Danger

A/N: SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE GUYS! I HAD A HARD WEEKEND.. PHOTO TO SIDE IS MITCHELL OUTFIT IN THIS CHAPTER!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mitchell's P.O.V

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Another one north" Aaron says, pointing ahead.

I put my right foot on a bar, in the guard tower, and plant my left foot on the ground.

I raise the sniper rifle that Aaron gave me for practice, up and aim down the sights.

The walker is slowly making it's was to us.

I get a clear shot of the walker, and slowly squeeze the trigger.

The muffled sound of the suppressed bullet sounds like you're beating someone with a pillow.

The kick back makes my right foot fall from the bar.

I look back down the sights to see the walker now dead on the ground.

"Impressive" Aaron says.

I smile and nod, putting the sniper back to my side.

We have been out here all day, and I killed every walker on my first try.

"Say, your good at killing the infected, so maybe you can take some of your people on a run, we need some toilet paper, that's the one thing we can't make here, and we are running low" Aaron ask's.

I think. "Yeah! Sure! I'll take Conner, and Maybe Cole and Colin" I say.

"Thanks Bud! You can go home and get prepared, I will give you your army truck you arrived with in the morning to take on the run" Aaron tells me.

"Thanks, and Thank you for an awesome day, I think I will keep this job" I say with a smile.

I turn from Aaron and make my way to the door.

I open the guard tower door, the creek of the door is quite loud, after two years of constant opening and closing, you think it wouldn't creek so loud.

I make my way down the flight of stairs in the tower, the only sound is my footsteps on the stairs echoing off the walls around us.

I turn the sniper so it's lying on my back, supported by the strap that is wrapped around my right shoulder and my left rib cage.

I take my katana out and start to make my way back to the walls.

After a while I make it to the doors and they start to open, the squeals of the door are very loud, no doubt attracting all the walkers in miles to B.C.

~~

Time Skip

~~

I open my apartment door and turn on the lights, dropping my keys on the little table next to the door.

I slip my converse off and make my way to the kitchen.

Opening my pantry, I decide to put some Mr. Noodles in a pot and cook them, I'm not in the mood to make a three course meal today.

I sit at my dining room table and rub my right shoulder, the kickback of the sniper hurt my shoulder today, and It might be sore for awhile.

I decide to check on my noodles, and ignore the pain that is in my shoulder.

I open the lid to the pot and a hot splash of water hits my cheek, I hiss in pain and let out a scream, I never knew hot water could hurt so much.