Chapter 50 - British Columbia

A/N: WHOA GUYS! WE JUST HIT 6K READS! THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME! GOD! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! AND IT WORKED OUT PERFECTLY! CHAPTER 50 POSTED AT 6K READS! JUST THREE DAYS AGO WE HAD 5.2K READS NOW LOOK AT US! I WOULD LIKE TO THANKS THE READERS WHO STUCK WITH ME THROUGH EVERYTHING! LOVE YOU ALL! NOW HERE IS THE CHAPTER YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR... CHAPTER 50.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mitchell's P.O.V

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Running down the long dark hallway, walkers chasing me, I keep looking back at the walkers, weaponless.

'Everyone is dead and it's my fault' I say to myself as I keep running.

That's when I hit a dead end.

I can't run anywhere.

I start to cry knowing this is the end, I fought so hard for this.

Slowly I slide down the blood splattered wall.

I put my head between my knees and hear the footsteps and growls getting louder each second.

I look up and see them bashing through the swinging doors.

Ten feet away.

Seven feet away.

Five feet away.

Three feet away.

One Foot.

And that's it.

I scream as walkers tear into me.

I open my eyes to see walker formed Madison stare at me chewing on my intestines.

I close my eyes and let the light consume me.

I'm jolted awake by a bump on the road, sitting up taking a big gasp of air.

Colin, Conner, and Riley all jump from my sudden waking.

"It was just a bad dream" I tell them as I sit up.

"Were almost to B.C, Cole said maybe another hour until we reach the CDC" Riley informs me.

I nod and reach over to my Katana, putting it on my back again.

I go to the tail gate of the army truck and look out, the sun rise is nice, I watch as the small town we are passing through gets smaller and smaller as we drive away.

Slowly the smell of death and decay starts to turn into a smell of evergreen trees and flowers, normal, the way it was before the end of the world.

~~

Time Skip

~~

After another while I start to notice the landscape change from destroyed and 'hey look the end of the world' to 'Hey look were normal and there is no dead people walking' and It kinda confuses me in a way.

But I know why as we drive I keep looking out the tail gate, and I see two large guard towers positioned on both sides of the road, lights attached to them, I don't have much time to look at the guards but i can tell there is at least two of them, heavily equipped with weapons and have some sort of armor on.

As we keep driving I see several of these, the same set up.

The truck slows down and comes to a stop.

I lean my head around the truck to see barbwire lined around the road.

I hear loud creaking, loud enough to attract walkers from miles, but the towers extend miles, I'm guessing for that reason.