Epilogue

I glided through the dense foilege clutching my wooden staff looking like death himself.. that is how death used to look like. William was now all tanned and suave with a bevy of hot chicks at his beck and call. A far cry from my dear friend and once a little more, Fin, the angel not fallen but certainly not in the good books with God. Though I had no inkling why. It wasn't Fin's fault that I chose to sabotage his diabolical plan and prevent the demise of hell.... and then heaven... with my actions.

I was happy with my accomplishment. In one fell swoop I managed to right a great wrong, prevent a catastrophe and get the better of mother. Oddly it was the last of which that I relished the most.

Yet here was Fin pounding away at the poor log whipping himself into a frenzy of regrets. It did not sit well.

I hunkered over towards him. My movements fluid and unreal. The cloak was really something else. I watched as my sleeve shifted to reveal a fat white maggot making its way over my wrist. I slammed my stake harder to the ground and watched it lose balance then fall. I lifted my leg then crushed it beneath my bony foot.

"You know you could break your back doing that," I thought to him mildly. My voice came out eerily from the crevices of my cloak. It took some getting used to but after a month of living in this shell I was by now almost half way there.

Fin didn't acknowledge my taunts. He didn't even pause but continued to heft his axe and let it fall against the wood. I didn't know why he bothered. I didn't feel the cold and as far as I knew neither did he.

"Your mother stopped by earlier," he muttered finally. I nodded my understanding. It certainly explained his foul mood. Mother had that effect.

"What did she want?" I asked politely knowing full well what she wanted. She wanted me out of this cloak and off ridding my virginity with perhaps Fin.

Eying his sweat dampened body. I couldn't help but agree. Somehow not having a workable body did nothing for my sexual frustrations. Having the perfect Fin constantly all but naked and in my presence too... well it just made me horny. Not that he knew I still felt that. Nope that would be extremely ... awkward.

So I kept those feelings to myself and well simply ogled at him. when tje opportunity provided. Such as now.

"She wants that cloak off you. She wants you to visit the witches. She said they could do it. That death couldn't get it off because he didn't want it but you do. You actually crazily did want some flesh eating cloak to keep on consuming you." At that Fin threw his axe into the tree a few feet ahead and stormed towards me. I stared greedily at his slick muscular torso wanting to feel it. To lick it. Taste it. I stared hungrily with my vacant eye sockets at his lush lips. Vividly recalling our last kiss.

What wouldn't I give to taste it one last time. But fuck that was as impossible as actually fucking him. Things were better this way. I was better this way.

"It seems that is the catalyst for having the damn thing off. You have to first want it on," he said exasperatedly.

I shook my head at him. I didn't want it off. I wasn't actually fond of it but it served a purpose. I have never felt the peace and tranquility that I now enjoy. Even seeing mother beg and plead with me was a bonus. Nope my only cloud in this otherwise sunny sky is Fin's unyielding determination to rid me of my cloak.

Why couldn't he see things my way? Why couldn't he see that this was for the best?

Reading my refusal in my silence he angrily strode off to pull his axe off the tree  and then resumed his chopping.

I sat down to watch him. Fuck he was hot

So fucking hot!