Chapter 3

"Surely you could do better than him."

I jerked my head around to see that Fin had caught up with me. I guess I really should just get used to him hovering over me trying to get into my pants for the of the term.

"How old are you anyway?" I shot him the question wanting to know. There was one Gabriel up there that I have heard much about but this could be another Gabe for all I knew. I was not all in the know over what went on in heaven. My source of info was Arabella and she has been out of touch for a long time now. Seems heaven frowned heavily on her favouring the female of our species sexually.

I didn't quite agree there but who am I to judge the Almighty. I think my mum has already done just that on more occasion than one. I shuddered inwardly thinking over the last few wars between heaven and hell. The most significant we all know off already as the ice age.... when the cold frost was set upon Earth to lay low the fires of hell. That was one war I was glad to have missed.

But I had heard plenty on that great loss for it seemed that heaven was set upon anhialating my mother's pet creation, the dinosaurs now well and truly extinct,  claiming they were abominations on Earth. Again who was He to judge.

So as you see I am not as pure as the driven snow but I have no great interest to sin either. I am also not what some claim, the bringer of change. That would be too great a responsibility for carefree me. Bored to death but still determinedly carefree.

"You didn't answer my question," Fin said shrugging his shoulders indifferently at me. But two could play this game.

"You didn't either," I said simply before walking away to my next class.