Chapter 12

The music thumped in my veins making me delirious. I was sure I was imagining the husky timbre to his voice. I could not be affecting him so. Not in my present suit of appearance. I stared breathlessly at the sexy curve of his lips and craved with a burning desire that could only be sin in the eyes of god to have those lush shapes conforming to my own.

I shifted only a breath closer but it was enough...enough to rouse the ire of the gods themselves. For what other explanation could there be for the waiter carrying a tray of drinks to spill the contents of his tray on a girl standing at least a yard away from us both. The distance hadn't mattered either for the sequence of events had sent her brawling and barreling her way to the ladies. I suppose it was only natural that she would collide with Fin and send him sprawling onto his ass. He... whose reflexes could put spiderman's to shame.

Nope there was no logical reason for my missing out on my very first kiss with Fin. No reason at all. None but the act of god that is.

Well I suppose it was good to know that the big guy was taking my side on this. That he would prevail in preventing my capultation to my mother's schemes. He would perserve my virginity like no other. I could see the benefits that this stance could award him.

Afterall, it was always better to simply prevent total anhialation then to go through the motions of having to rebuild after. Of course if I willingly choose to embrace my fate as Queen of the damned then the whole end of the world thingy would be avoided anyhow. But I couldn't see myself in my mother's shoes. The image didn't yet fit.

So I simply sighed at the shocked expression that filtered across his handsome face.

"Did you really think it would be that easy?" I said. Granted this was the first of divine intervention on my behalf but then I had never been so close to capulating to my mother's schemes.

He shook his head a little unsure ...more to clear his thoughts than anything else. I hesitantly reached out to offer my hand. Not that he needed my assistance but I wanted to see if god would smite me where I stood for the attempt.

I felt the corners of my lips turn up. I smirked at Fin. My growing smile was contagious. This was no longer my having to battle my mother's schemes for me alone. I had backing from the most unusual source. I had her arch nemesis out to defend me.

I felt the laughter of unbound relief spill forth from my lips. I threw back my head and shouted out my laughter. I laughed so long, loud and hard that I knew mother dear's attention was drawn. I saw her questioning quirk of her beautiful brow in my minds eyes and felt the laughter bubble forth in growing hysteria.